ABOUT POAH: Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc. (POAH) is a non-profit organization committed to preserving and creating affordable rental housing around the country. Based in Boston, with branch offices in Chicago and Washington D.C., POAH is an entrepreneurial organization which currently owns and manages approximately 10,000 affordable rental apartment homes for low-income families and seniors in nine states and the District of Columbia.
Founded in 2001, POAH holds a strong reputation as a high-quality, professional and caring affordable national housing developer and its leaders are at the forefront of policy and legislative discussions around housing preservation, affordable housing finance and regulatory reform.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY: The Digital Media Associate will be an integral part of the organization’s communications program, responsible for the strategy, coordination and execution of POAH’s websites, micro-websites and social media accounts – all intended to build awareness and reinforce POAH’s reputation as a leader in the affordable housing field. The Digital Media Associate reports to the Senior Director of Communications and works with staff across the organization and outside graphic designers and web developers to execute POAH’s digital communications goals as identified in POAH’s Strategic Plan. The Digital Media Associate upholds consistent, clear, established message points and design standards across POAH’s electronic platforms.
- Manage all of POAH’s social media across existing and new platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Create, curate, and manage digital content including articles, photos, videos and infographics. Broadcast targeted speeches and presentations on Facebook Live where authorized. It is expected that 50% of this position’s time will be devoted to social media activities;
- Serve as website manager for POAH’s main website and 4 microsites ensuring content is refreshed frequently;
- Research and make recommendations for a successor website or redesigned website to meet emerging organizational goals;
- Employ analytics tools such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics and Instagram Analytics and other applicable tools to produce monthly traffic and engagement report for website and social media; evaluate and refine content strategy based on analytics and make recommendations to the Senior Director of Communications for future social media activities;
- Produce short videos about our properties and residents to deepen POAH’s brand as a caring, quality owner and developer of affordable housing in this country and maintain Vimeo hosting account for the videos;
- Assist the Senior Director with digital newsletters, Eblasts and other communications created in Constant Contact and act as primary manager of the contact database which includes frequent data scrubbing, list segmentation and creative strategies for growing the contact list;
- Assist the Senior Director to execute POAH’s thought leadership program by researching journalists and thought leaders using POAH’s media database and engaging influencers on social media;
- Assist the Senior Director with the planning and execution of groundbreakings and ribbon cuttings;
- Perform administrative tasks to keep the Communications Office files up to date and organized;
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or Digital Media
- 2-5 years professional experience post-graduation
- Experience with a website platform – Drupal and WordPress a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), Adobe Photoshop and a design program such as Adobe InDesign.
- Experience in video editing software a plus
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- In-depth knowledge of Social Media platforms – in particular LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter – and an understanding of how each platform should be deployed for different audiences;
- Thoughtful strategies for growing POAH’s audience on social media;
- Interest in staying current with best practices, developing strategies and analytics tools to ensure that the organization is poised to take advantage of emerging technologies and trends;
- Experience with digital photography and videography using 35mm and cell phone cameras and editing programs;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to ensure that all of the required duties are met;
- Energy, creativity, and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously;
- Flexible, innovative thinker who seeks new communications strategies and platforms to take the organization to the next level of effective communications.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance, a generous earned leave plan, and a 401k plan with company match.
Click here to apply: http://tiny.cc/POAHDigitalMediaAssoc
POAH is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.