Mitigate the compliance risk to National Church Residences by overseeing housing compliance from tax credits to TRACS submissions. Accomplish business objectives by producing value-added employee results; offer information and opinion as a member of housing management team; integrate objectives with other business units; direct staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Ensure compliance with the Federal and State Low Income Housing Tax Credit programs.
- Ensure the tax credit delivery for each tax credit community.
- Read and interpret all deal documents. Create a Tax Credit Property Summary to outline the critical information from the deal/funding document for the Housing Team.
- Monitor the lease-up of all tax credit communities. Collaborate with the RPL and RVP to ensure that the lease-up and credits are delivered as projected in the closing Performa.
- Reconcile and facilitate the corrective actions for all non-compliance issues that may arise from a state housing agency, HOME, Bond or other funding agency visit and/or audit. Manage 8823 process and resolution.
- Collaborate with RPL and RVP to reduce late recertifications. Annual recertifications are required by HUD and Tax Credit programs and are to be completed in a timely basis.
- Ensure HUD compliance as it relates to the submission of TRACS; create of HAP vouchers and processing of HUD transactions through Yardi.
- Oversee Housing Support Team evaluating production/ticket reports, ensuring maximum utilization of Yardi, accurate submission of TRACS, analyze accounting tickets for emerging trends and management approach for collection, and ensure compliance with Secure Connection.
- Ensure compliance with the functionality of Yardi; including but not limited to upgrades and daily functionality.
- Participate and provide insight to policy changes and policy review as a member of the Policy and Procedure Committee.
- Establish operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, quality, and custom-service; designing systems/procedures to resolve systematic/organizational problems; implement change and effectiveness of the Housing Support Team.
- Liaison between Housing and Development to review and approve compliance documentation for new deals and acquisitions coming from development. Communicate with all levels of the Housing Operations Team the details behind a new deal and the commitments within the Performa.
- Interrupter of all new or refinanced communities within the National Church Residences portfolio for the Housing Support Team to ensure that Yardi is set-up correctly.
- Monitor State Housing Authority Compliance Reviews, and other third party reviews, looking for training opportunities and communicating issues as appropriate
- Relationship Management with partners (investors, management agent, lenders, HUD, internal partners such as Development) around compliance issues, concerns and status
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Adjustment internal policies and practices as industry standards change.
- Create and delivery Tax Credit Overview Training for new employees as they come through Yardi class.
- Complete Tax Credit tax return information about the qualification of tax credit units for the auditors. The auditors use this information to complete tax return.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- At least four years of experience in the affordable housing industry that includes Low Income Tax Credit Housing.
- A current and active Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) Certification
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the organization and all external relationships.
- The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build efficient programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating staff.
- Demonstrably strong writing, planning and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve organizational goals.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.