The purpose of this position is to direct and monitor all accounting procedures, activities/ functions and budgets for the housing authority. Ensure all accounting procedures meets the general accepted accounting practices for governmental agencies. Employee is responsible for the direction and preparation of budgets, reports and payroll for MRHA and its subsidiary. Work requires extensive data processing by use of a computer in data entry, report preparation, and fiscal record keeping. Some knowledge is required of the entire fiscal process in order to effectively maintain records and process information. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- General knowledge of the application of established bookkeeping and accounting principles and techniques to governmental and quasi-governmental accounting transactions.
- General knowledge of federal, state and local fiscal regulations, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of payroll processes and procedures.
- Skilled in related mathematics to accounting procedures.
- Skilled in operating general office equipment including popular computer-driven word processing, spreadsheet and file maintenance programs.
- Ability to understand or apply laws, regulations and policies to the maintenance of financial records.
- Ability to verify documents and forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines and to resolve problems and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in contact with the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
- Ability to perform under stress and when confronted with persons acting under stress.
Ability to effectively communicate with individuals within and outside the organization and promote an environment of teamwork