Housing Development Corporation MidAtlantic (HDC) is currently seeking a Director of Property Management. The Director is an executive level leadership position, responsible for overseeing property management operations. This position is based in Lancaster, PA.
Established in 1971, HDC is a nonprofit organization that provides quality affordable housing in Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland. Our mission is to build hope and opportunity by providing a safe and affordable place to call home. We achieve our mission by providing quality affordable housing, property management services, and supportive services to our residents.
HDC owns and/or manages over 3,700 quality affordable rental apartments. Our portfolio includes 59 properties in 12 counties in Pennsylvania, two counties in Delaware and one county in Maryland. Our market area served includes urban, suburban and rural areas. We serve 4,800 residents including families, seniors, and individuals living with disabilities who have low or moderate incomes.
To find out more about HDC, please visit www.hdcweb.com.
The Director is responsible for the overall strategic direction of property management and overseeing an expanding 3,700+ unit affordable housing portfolio in the MidAtlantic region. They ensure that the properties are managed to meet/exceed all financial, physical, regulatory, and industry performance standards and requirements while simultaneously meeting HDC’s social mission. The position is responsible for setting financial, operating, and growth goals that support HDC’s strategic direction and goals. Key responsibilities include annual work-planning, analysis of business development opportunities, identifying and planning for critical and emerging initiatives, and defining and structuring organizational resources for optimal performance. The Director ensures all property management personnel are fully supported, trained and embrace HDC’s mission and core values.
The Director will report directly to the President & CEO. The Director of Property Management provides direct supervision to District Managers, Facilities Management/Maintenance and the Compliance Department. The Director of Property Management also works in partnership with the Director of Resident Services to ensure effective coordination of services to improve property performance and overall quality of life for residents.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience in multifamily residential property management and tenant/landlord practices, laws, rules and regulations. Specific knowledge of HUD, LIHTC and RD regulations highly desired.
- Knowledge in accounting, finance, and real estate principles and a solid understanding of financial management principles to ensure sound, responsible property management decisions.
- Collaborative, values-based leader who has a proven track record of achieving results.
- Commitment to excellent customer service; ability to demonstrate empathy and compassion in decision-making and communications.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, supervisory experience and successful at building cohesive teams within small- to medium-sized departments.
- Understanding of the complex social and housing needs and issues of lower-income individuals, families, and seniors.
- Commitment to improving the overall quality of life for residents and building healthy communities through the provision of high-quality affordable housing.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. HDC MidAtlantic offers a competitive medical and benefits package including 11 paid holidays and a generous PTO allowance.