The Director of Supportive Housing Management is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Foundation Communities’ Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) real estate portfolio and accompanying supportive services. As the leader of a blended team of property management and supportive services staff, the Director is responsible for creating a collaborative environment in which shared accountability for property and resident outcomes is reflected in the policies and procedures that govern the supportive housing communities. The Director will also oversee strategic planning and goal setting to maximize long-term success of residents while optimizing financial and physical performance of the properties.
Primary Duties are as follows:
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT OVERSIGHT
- Develop and maintain a Supportive Housing Operations Manual that establishes uniform policies and procedures for both property operations and services provision and that incorporates the relevant policies and procedures of the FC Property Operations Manual. Establish and maintain rent schedules and utility allowances for each property in accordance with funder guidelines.
- Review loss to lease, days vacant, delinquencies, Combined Management Report and any other reports monthly and quarterly to ensure properties are maintaining optimal occupancy and revenue
- Review financials, budget variance reports and availability reports monthly to monitor financial stability of properties
- Review market studies as needed to ensure rent pricing is competitive as well as aligned with mission
- Work with legal counsel to ensure compliance with fair housing laws, disability laws and state and local ordinances
- Work with legal counsel and any relevant parties to resolve any litigation related to the supportive housing properties
- Lead the annual preparation of budgets for the supportive housing properties
SUPPORTIVE SERVICES OVERSIGHT
- Oversee and establish service contracts in accordance with insurance, grant, and asset management requirements
- Participate in fundraising and community awareness efforts focused on Foundation Communities supportive housing programs
- Participate in resolution and problem solving for resident and staff issues that cannot be solved at the property level
- Interface with grants department to ensure adequate funding and compliance with reporting required by funders
BLENDED MANAGEMENT OVERSIGHT
- Foster strong relationships between property management and supportive services staff to promote effective blended management of each community
- Coordinate industry-appropriate training opportunities for both property management and supportive services staff and emphasize the importance of cross-training for effective blended management
- Implement a performance evaluation and bonus structure that promotes shared accountability among staff for achieving defined property and resident outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Five years of experience managing a large real estate portfolio
- Five years of experience working with adults around with mental health, substance abuse issues, and/or homelessness
- Strong understanding of fair housing laws and concepts
- Ability to manage complex interpersonal issues related to both staff and residents
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Send résumé and cover letter with salary requirements to: [email protected]
No phone calls, please.
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.