The Aspen-Pitkin County Housing Authority (APCHA) is seeking an Executive Director/Department Director to lead this long-standing, affordable workforce housing program for the 3,080 deed restricted, and rental housing units in Pitkin County. The unique governance structure of APCHA will benefit from a policy strategist and experienced administrator who appreciates the complexities of a dual jurisdiction-funded program with a policy board of experienced elected officials and appointed members. While APCHA enjoys the support of the County and City, the Executive Director and staff are employed by the City of Aspen and enjoy all City benefits. The Executive Director is a member of Aspen’s Department Director team.
The APCHA leadership team manages the housing programs to address the challenges of offering affordable workforce housing in a region where the average cost of housing is $5,400,000. Demonstrating expertise in working with multiple jurisdictions, the Executive Director will provide leadership and collaborative day-to-day decision making for all APCHA’s areas of responsibility including:
- Real Estate Sales and Rentals of the programs 3,000+ affordable workforce housing units;
- Qualification of potential renters and buyers for APCHA’s portfolio of affordable workforce housing units, as well as contract qualification services for area workforce housing partners;
- Enforcement of deed restrictions, in collaboration with APCHA’s Compliance Manager and APCHA’s attorney; and
- Property Management for city-owned properties.
As a flexible thought leader, the Executive Director will balance everyday management challenges and long-term strategy, engaging City and County leaders in addressing divergent issues.
Qualified individuals will be expected to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in community planning, public health, business, public administration, finance, or related field. Master’s degree desirable.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible managerial/administrative experience in public administration, community development, planning, affordable public housing programs and/or management and strategic policy making, including five years of supervisory or leadership and policy development experience. Experience with affordable housing programs is preferred but not required.
- The ability to secure a Colorado driver’s license within 30 days and successfully complete a criminal background check.
Salary range is $106,683-$149,884 depending on qualifications and experience. The City of Aspen provides competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; health saving and flexible spending accounts; 401(a) employer retirement contributions, paid time off; tuition reimbursement assistance; and well- being incentives. The City also provides employees with options related to transitional housing (6 months) and possible relocation assistance.
Candidates shall apply electronically at www.govHRJobs.com with resume, cover letter and contact information for five professional references to Kathleen Rush, GOVHRUSA. Tel: 847/380-3240. First look of applications will occur on 2/19/21; position open until filled.