The Pinellas County Housing Authority (PCHA) is looking for an Executive Director to provide leadership and guidance to professional and technical staff engaged in carrying out the daily operations of the Authority. This position reports to the Board of Commissioners and works closely with local, state, and national government entities.
PCHA is headquartered in the City of Largo, in the heart of Pinellas County along the Gulf Coast of West Central Florida and is part of the Tampa Bay Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), the 18th largest in the United States. Pinellas County is home to major universities including the University of South Florida, one of the largest in the nation. Notable employers include Lockheed-Martin, Bausch & Lomb, and the Home Shopping Network.
History and Background
The Executive Director oversees community, social, cultural, and individual enrichment programs for PCHA residents and the administration of grants and related Federal assistance programs. Other responsibilities include planning, development and implementation of policies and objectives in accordance with Board directives. The Executive Director must analyze the financial portfolio, review budget requests, oversee financial and budget development and present the organizational budgets and financial strategies to the Board for final approval. The Executive Director also works with PCHA personnel to review activities, reports and data, to determine whether goals have been met and if changes would benefit the organization.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of senior level managerial or policy experience in subsidized housing, non-assisted affordable housing, low-income housing and homelessness, asset management (residential and commercial), or real estate acquisition and development.
- Graduation or attendance in an Executive Leadership or Management Program is desirable.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that meets the minimum qualifications.
- Preferred knowledge and experience with Florida Statutes regarding housing authorities.
Salary Range is $144,710 – $192,464. Excellent pension benefits are provided through the Florida Retirement System (FRS). This position includes a contract that outlines salary and benefits that can be negotiated beyond base levels.
Interested candidates should apply online by June 30, 2022 with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five (5) work related references to www.GovHRjobs.com. Please direct all questions to Jim Dinneen, Vice President, GovHR USA at 847-380-3240, ext. 136.