This is a department head position responsible for the planning, design, budgeting and implementation for construction, repair and maintenance of the properties owned and managed by the Portland Housing Authority and its affiliate corporations. This includes all structures, mechanical systems, grounds, equipment, vehicles, as well as oversight of department personnel and daily operations. The person in this position also serves as the agency’s sustainability coordinator and implements the agency’s Green Policy. This position advises, consults and reports directly to the Executive Director regarding department functions. This position involves work outside the regular working hours.
This position will also assist the Development Department on new construction and large rehab/re-development projects. This position will; assist in the development and implementation of Design and Construction standards, development and review of scope of work and develop and maintain strong construction-related Owner’s Representative, contract manager and vendor relationships.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in real estate development, residential construction, asset management and/or facilities management field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience securing and vetting capital needs assessments and developing budgets and scope of work for physical improvements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with management and personnel supervision.
- Experience in creating cost estimates for new construction or renovation projects.
- Experience implementing energy saving systems and devices including Maine rebate programs
- Understanding means and methods of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, and general repair.
- Working knowledge of architecture and engineering as it relates to structural and site construction practices and ability to read and interpret pertinent federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge and experience with residential real estate development practices including construction or renovation of affordable multifamily developments, energy conservation practices, methods and measurement analysis and healthy home practices and methods. preferred.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation practices, methods and measurement analysis; healthy home practices and methods.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn a variety of software systems. Strong leadership abilities required.
- Valid driver’s license, and clean diving history.
- Building Performance Institute multi-family accreditation or LEED accreditation preferred.
For more information or a copy of the complete job description; contact Cynthia LaRochelle, HR Manager, Portland Housing Authority [email protected] Qualified candidates should submit, via mail or email, a letter of interest, with salary requirements and resume to:
Portland Housing Authority
RE: Facilities Director
14 Baxter Boulevard
Portland, Maine 04101
Deadline for submission is January 31, 2020
PHA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer