New Neighborhoods, Inc. (NNI) is a nonprofit housing developer and manager. It is dedicated to building, redeveloping and preserving low and moderate income rental and ownership housing in Fairfield County, Connecticut for families, graduates entering the workforce, veterans, and retirees who make the region a vital place to live and work.
Since 1967, NNI has been committed to improving the quality of life in local towns and cities with affordable housing that provides a safety net and springboard to economic self-sufficiency and builds community.
Seeking candidates for a full time Financial Manager whose primary responsibility will be handling the day-to-day bookkeeping, accounting and financial activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Financial Manager will work closely with the Controller. This is a full time position and is located in Stamford, CT at the corporate office.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The Financial Manager will be a motivated individual who possesses a combination of accounting, finance and administrative skills in real estate, development and property management that will have the ability to excel in a team-based environment. This is a full-time position and will be based in New Neighborhood Inc.’s corporate office located in Stamford, Connecticut. Expected starting salary range is $48k – $50k with benefits, depending on qualifications and experience.
- This administrative position may be responsible for daily book keeping, payroll, preparing and analyzing financial spreadsheets, reports and proposals as needed.
- Compile various documents, verify accuracy and obtain authorization for payments in accordance with established procedures.
- Compile financial information in accordance with GAAP and governmental reporting requirements.
- Initiate and process journal entries to various accounts.
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to the general ledger and resolve differences.
- Prepare reports and analysis for outside auditors, government entities, and tax credit requirements.
- Resolve accounting issues and discrepancies.
- Assist with property development financial processes.
- Apply a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Uses various accounting systems and software applications.
- Manages and performs all other accounting and administrative operational functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/BA in Accounting, Business or related field required; Master’s Degree or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of two years business experience in an accounting position.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems for property management of a non-profit entity.
- Experience with financial analysis, bank reconciliations, handling, recording and reconciling accounts payable, fixed assets, rent rolls and budgetary controls and reporting a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with HUD programs and requirements a plus.
- Knowledge of LIHTC reporting requirements a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work productively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and firm deadlines.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be skilled in using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel spreadsheets and Word.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
Please submit resume and cover letter including salary history and expectations to [email protected]. Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
New Neighborhoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.nnistamford.org