Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) is looking to hire a mission-oriented developer and/or development assistant to support and build our affordable housing pipeline. Now more than ever before, NHA is poised to pursue projects within the Portland Metropolitan area and across the State of Oregon in collaboration and partnership with diverse communities. We have almost 400 multi-family units under construction, over 600 multi-family units in predevelopment, and are considering new opportunities and partnerships regularly.
NHA is looking for one or two new development team members to fill the position(s) of Housing Developer and/or Senior Housing Developer – depending on a candidate’s experience, skills and abilities.
Salary ranges are:
- Housing Developer 1: $65,000 – $80,000
- Housing Developer 2: $75,000 – $90,000
- Senior Housing Developer: $85,000 – $100,000
If you have:
- a passion for affordable housing;
- a commitment to community development and social justice;
- a strong interest in working in collaboration with project teams and among community partners;
- with a background or interest in construction management or housing finance
…then, we want to talk to you!
For the full job description and to apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, references, and salary requirements at:
This position will remain open until the right candidate is found. For more detailed information on Northwest Housing Alternatives please visit our website and join us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
About Northwest Housing Alternatives
For over 35 years, Northwest Housing Alternatives (NHA) has been a leading not-for-profit developer of affordable housing in Oregon. Our mission is to create opportunity through housing by developing, building, and managing rental housing designed for Oregonians with extremely limited incomes. These homes help families live healthy and stable lives, allow older adults to age in place, and give people with special needs a dignified residence. Along with providing affordable housing, NHA provides services that connect tenants to critical health and community resources, work to prevent homelessness before it begins, and offer emergency shelter and services for families experiencing homelessness.
NHA is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment and is actively seeking to recruit a diverse applicant pool. We strive to hire a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens everything we do. NHA offers a great work environment having been awarded “100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregon” again in 2019. This is a great opportunity to work with a team of dedicated and passionate coworkers.
NHA provides a full range of benefits, including but not limited to the following:
- Excellent health coverage through Kaiser Permanente, including multiple medical and dental plan options; NHA contributes 100% of the cost of coverage for the employee each year, plus an additional $250/month if the employee adds dependents. Alternative care and vision included in some plans.
- 7% match, after the first year of employment, for our 403(b) plan with T. Rowe Price
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave
Northwest Housing Alternatives is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other status protected by law.