The Greater Albuquerque Housing Partnership (GAHP) is seeking a Housing Development Professional to lead the sourcing, structuring, construction, turnover, and warranty of multi-family affordable housing projects to grow the GAHP portfolio.
GAHP is a small organization with a collaborative, mission-focused and lighthearted environment. Everyone has a voice in the organization and is expected to use it. Each member of the team takes ownership over their area of competency while also being prepared to wear whatever hat is needed on a given day. When a team member needs help solving a complex issue or executing a project we all stand ready to jump in and do what’s necessary to get the job done. We are individuals who enjoy coming to work and believe in what we are here to accomplish. There are a lot of moving parts in what we do so rarely are two days the same. While there can be times where the task at hand is tedious or stressful we keep things in perspective and find the humor in the situation.
- Identify parcels of land suitable for multi-family development and oversee the entitlement process
- Perform initial feasibility assessments for potential affordable multi-family developments
- Select projects that advance the mission of GAHP, support public policy priorities and are financially feasible
- Assemble a development team including an architect, general contractor, and engineers, with the relevant expertise to effectively meet the specific needs of a project
- Lead neighborhood outreach efforts to gain community support and project buy-in from residents, businesses and leaders
- Manage project pre-development and value engineering with the contractor and architect
- Develop competitive LIHTC applications as part of a team
- Develop other funding applications as necessary including NM Housing Trust Fund, Ventana Fund, National Housing Trust Fund, HOME, City of Albuquerque Workforce Housing Trust Fund and City of Albuquerque Affordable Housing Fund 240 as part of a team
- Manage the development team during the construction process to ensure that quality, cost containment, and scheduling objectives are achieved
- Manage project closeout, punch list, and placement in service in coordination with property management and asset management
- Coordinate the 1-year warranty list with property management, asset management, and the general contractor
A background of at least three years in a similar role developing new and/or rehab construction of multi-family affordable housing projects utilizing LIHTC, state and federal funding sources.
Desired Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in construction management, architecture, business, finance, real estate or related field
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)
- Experience working in the construction industry
- Experience managing a development team
- Experience developing LIHTC funding applications
- Experience with community outreach
A competitive salary will be offered commensurate with the selected candidate’s experience.
GAHP offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, dental, life insurance, AD&D, retirement, and paid-time-off that increases with tenure.
GAHP supports employees in pursuing professional development activities and believes that it is important to invest in the improvement of our team.
The Greater Albuquerque Housing Partnership is a 25-year-old nonprofit with the mission to create exceptional housing communities and provide enrichment services to support household stability, healthy families and safer neighborhoods.
With over 300 days of sunshine, numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation and a cost of living below the national average Albuquerque is a great place to live and play. Albuquerque is home to an excellent public library system, zoo, botanic garden, aquarium and 273 public parks. Hiking, camping, climbing, cycling, and running are year-round activities. Hunting, fishing, skiing, and boating are within an hour of the metro. Every October Albuquerque is host to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta in which over 800 hot air balloon teams from around the world participate. In addition to traditional elementary, middle and high schools Albuquerque has numerous charter, leadership, and private educational opportunities. The University of New Mexico and Central New Mexico Community College combined enroll over 73,000 students in a broad range of program areas. Albuquerque has an excellent system of hospitals including The Heart Hospital, Carrie Tingley Children’s Hospital, The Albuquerque Regional Medical Center, Lovelace Hospital, Presbyterian Hospital, The Regional Veterans Hospital, and The UNM Hospital/Medical Center.