Do you have an affinity and drive to lead the development of innovative solutions to provide assistance to vulnerable populations? Reporting to the Department of Housing Services Assistant Director, you will be responsible for working with developers and jurisdictions to identify, analyze, coordinate and promote affordable housing development and feasibility in Washington County. By working directly with both non-profit and for-profit developers to construct or preserve affordable housing, you will also collaborate with local jurisdictions, other Washington County departments, the State of Oregon Housing Finance agency and Treasurer’s Office, US Department of Housing and Urban Development and individual developers.
At Washington County, you are given the opportunity and challenge to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you will find in our Department of Housing Services is something special – purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us together. Please join us in our mission to provide affordable housing opportunities that help break the cycle of poverty and improve the quality of life in our communities!
Education and Experience
A typical way to obtain the minimum required knowledge and abilities would be:
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, regional and urban development, business management or related field; AND one (1) year of experience in public administration, regional and urban development, and/or business management; OR
- An Associate’s degree in public administration, regional and urban development, business management or related field; AND three (3) years of experience in public administration, regional and urban development, and/or business management; OR
- Five (5) years of experience in public administration, regional and urban development, and/or business management.
The ideal candidate will possess professional experience in affordable housing development, exceptional analytical and writing skills, an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, be organized and detail oriented, comfortable with public presentations and have the desire and sensitivity to work with people of different cultural and economic backgrounds.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will possess:
• Technical experience in financing affordable housing, including financial and feasibility analysis experience;
• Experience with asset management, loan portfolio, as well as a knowledge of property management policies and procedures;
• Experience with policy and program/project development in the housing field and knowledge of the affordable housing industry;
• An ability to clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to groups and individuals;
• An ability to use collaborative relationships to facilitate public policy in the affordable housing field; and
• An ability to set goals and monitor personal progress.
Pay range is $67,136.76 – $81,568.80 Annually
For more detailed information on this exceptional opportunity and to apply on-line, please visit our jobs page at www.washcojobs.org.
We offer a collaborative culture, work-life balance, and a comprehensive benefits package. Working within our local government agency provides daily opportunities to serve, build and sustain communities now and into the future. Washington County is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce representing the rich diversity in our region. Women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.