Starting salary range: $63,000 to $80,000
The Portfolio Manager is part of the Property and Asset Management Department. Position is responsible for the general management and oversight of all properties assigned to the portfolio. Incumbent will provide management, direction, and leadership to direct reports and ensure that the property is maintained and operated in accordance with the VHA objectives and HUD regulatory requirements. Tracking project financials and schedules are required to report status regularly. The housing portfolio is approximately 800 total housing units with a combination of HUD Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, HUD 202 and HUD 811 properties.
This position reports to the Director of Property and Asset Management and directly supervises approximately 8 staff members with indirect supervision of an additional 14 staff who provide property management, administrative services, and maintenance for the portfolio.
Some responsibilities of the position include:
- Preparing and monitoring annual documentation and requests to HUD for contract renewals and rent increases, including utility allowance analyses; capital needs and replacement reserve analyses; HUD budget forms and required tenant notifications.
- Reviewing property budgets, income statements, and variance reports, as well as, leases/rent roll analyses and other applicable information for portfolio and asset management review.
- Manage reporting and compliance related to HUD regulation as stated in the HUD 4350.3 with regards to subsidized housing occupancy, management, re-certification, EIV, MOR, and REAC inspections.
- Management of annual budgets and capital plans for portfolio. Oversee the maintenance of VHA facilities.
Applicant must have:
- BA in business, finance, accounting, or related subject plus at least 4 years related experience in property management or related environment. A minimum of 1 year of experience supervising staff in a housing environment.
- Experience working within HUD, CHFA, Section 8, low income housing tax credits and other affordable housing requirements.
- Working knowledge of Fair Housing Laws so that policies and actions are administered in compliance with Federal, State and Local laws.
- Thorough understanding through experience, education, and certification of all HUD regulations as stated in the HUD 4350.3 with regards to subsidized housing occupancy, management, re-certification, EIV, and MOR and REAC Inspections
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms with a diverse population.
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet VHA auto insurance requirements.