AHA is opening a recruitment for a Housing Programs Supervisor in the Housing Programs Department. This position supervises the activities of AHA staff engaged in the provision of housing assistance, including oversight of functions such as eligibility, inspections, new leases, reexaminations, and terminations. Incumbents may assist the Director in departmental and/or strategic planning and budgeting, along with development of policies and procedures.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
• Education: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in social work, sociology, urban studies, public administration, or a related field; AND
• Experience: Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in administering publicly assisted housing programs and/or human and social services provision. One (1) year of the required experience should have been in a lead or supervisory capacity.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), Yardi, and Laserfiche
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills required
• Possession of Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) (or comparable) certification at hire or ability to become certified within 6 months of the date of hire required
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license by time of appointment and ability to meet the driving record requirements for coverage under agency’s auto liability policy required