Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Leave Early Fridays (REM Onsite Positions)
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
Position is for a full-time Housing Support Coordinator to work remotely in the San Francisco Bay Area. Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field. Qualified Candidates will have 3 to 5 years’ experience in human services, including at least two years’ experience with supportive housing, social services, policy or housing development. 2 to 3 years’ experience that reflects an understanding of causes of homelessness, and Housing First program(s). 3 years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity. Must have a valid drivers license. Salary commensurate to experience.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition LEASI002882 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Supports permanent supportive housing programs throughout EAH Housing. Under direction of the Director of Permanent Supportive Housing, assists with coordination and implementation of supportive housing policies and procedures. Represents EAH Housing within the local Continuum of Care, Coordinated Entry Systems, and other work groups. Assists properties with special needs in linking to community resources and desired services.
- Assists with strategic planning and direct management of permanent supportive housing programs.
- Ensures appropriate data collection and reporting as required by funders, government entities and agency senior management.
- Participates in activities that advance EAH Housing’s mission, including program development and innovation, the creation and implementation of policies and procedures, and defining best practices for supportive services program.
- Supports permanent supportive housing program operations to successfully meet benchmarks and targets including, compliance with contracts, regulatory agreements, and reporting requirements.
- Attends local Continuum of Care, Coordinated Entry, and other groups as directed.
- Evaluates permanent supportive housing policies and procedures and makes recommendations for implementation and oversight.
- Assists with training focuses on Housing First, Harm Reduction, and Trauma-Informed care approaches.
- Maintains directory of intensive case management providers.
- Joins weekly permanent supportive housing meetings.
- Assists with program evaluation and reports results and recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in operations and efficiency of supportive housing programs.
- Communications recommendations regarding emerging issues, trends, risks and opportunities pertaining to supportive housing.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident information and ensures that appropriate release of information is obtained when necessary.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in human services, including at least two years’ experience with supportive housing, social services, policy or housing development.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience that reflects an understanding of causes of homelessness, and Housing First program(s).
- 3 years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- Possess valid driver’s license; at least state required minimum of auto insurance
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Familiar with local, state, and federal housing regulations
- Familiarity with funding sources for housing and programs
- Ability to manage multiple significant priorities, including complex and time sensitive projects
- Strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and commitment to problem solving and creative thinking
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with government agencies
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a percentage match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985