Seeking candidates for a full time Human Resource Director whose primary responsibility will be will provide leadership and guidance to New Neighborhoods, Inc. in Stamford, Connecticut on attracting, developing and retaining a talented and passionate team to best serve our affordable housing mission and our residents.
The Human Resources Director will provide a comprehensive range of services including administration of employee relations issues, staff development and training and manage the entire range of human resources functions such as recruitment; performance management; salary administration, payroll and benefits. The Human Resources Director will play a leadership role in developing and maintaining a stable, skilled, professional, dedicated workforce. Expected starting salary range is $69k – $74k with benefits, depending on qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information, material and issues.
- Collaborate with the management team to align HR policies, programs and procedures with New Neighborhoods strategic plans and business needs;
- Ensure all HR policies are applied consistently and are communicated effectively;
- Manage and oversee recruiting, compensation administration, employee relations, benefits administration, payroll, organizational effectiveness, training, development, volunteer recruitment, employee communications, policy design, regulatory compliance, etc.;
- Ensure the management and maintenance of all essential records of employment, benefits and training, creating systems to increase efficiency and minimize error;
- Ensure that all mandatory reporting and record keeping is upheld;
- Develop and implement employee accountability and address potential employee and organizational issues to ensure that employment practices reflect our mission;
- Consult with managers at all levels to resolve employee performance or disciplinary actions;
- Coordinate with outside counsel and the executive staff on employment litigation matters;
- Oversee all aspects of employee benefits in keeping with regulatory and legal requirements and research and recommend changes as appropriate;
- Oversee and direct all recruitment activities and develop competency models for key positions to identify skills, gaps and needed development;
- Develop and implement retention strategies and risk management solutions;
- Proactively monitor compensation programs and policies to maintain internal equity, including conducting regular benchmarking analyses;
- Provide routine reporting on turnover and other key statistics related to the HR function.
- Lead the development of new employee and management training and development including needs assessment and identifying appropriate training resources; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred;
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification desirable;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Must possess solid knowledge of federal and state of Connecticut labor laws and expectation s/he will stay abreast of legal changes affecting HR;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning and reporting purposes;
- Practiced in performance management and employee relations;
- Demonstrated ability to oversee recruitment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Good self-direction and ability to problem solve and work as a team;
- Nonprofit experience a plus;
High level of technical aptitude in MS Word, Excel, QuickBooks, Outlook and On the Clock payroll system.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
New Neighborhoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer