FSLA Status: Exempt, Full-time
Supervisor: Sr. Property Portfolio Supervisor
Department: Property Management
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) is a community development corporation serving Ventura, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles Counties. CEDC’s core program areas are the development and construction of multi-family rental housing for very low, low, and moderate-income families; homeownership education, counseling, loan packaging and lending; property management; and community building and neighborhood revitalization.
An industry leader since 1981, CEDC has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,121 rental units that it manages. CEDC has an annual operating budget of $5,800,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
Reporting directly to the Sr. Property Portfolio Supervisor, the Junior Property Portfolio Supervisor will assist in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management. Junior Portfolio Supervisor will directly manage a smaller portfolio of multiples properties than the Sr. Property Portfolio Supervisor. Responsible for recruitment, training, development, and supervision of Resident Managers, and having a significant focus on ensuring that the physical asset and performance of CEDC properties are managed to the expectations of our investors. The major duties and responsibilities for this position include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Personnel & Administration:
- Works with the Sr. Property Portfolio Supervisor to ensure that any updates, revisions and/or development of forms, reports, and manuals relating to property management issues and operations are implemented appropriate and
- Ensure that time sheets and mileage reimbursement requests are completed and submitted as
- Address staff related issues.
- Prepare Resident Manger performance evaluations and performance
- Ensure human resource policies, procedures and guidance are in accordance with CEDC Assist with employment decisions.
- Participate in candidate interview panels for vacant Resident Manager positions or other CEDC
- Prepares and conducts monthly Property Management meetings for all property management staff.
- Assist Resident Managers with questions and issues related to operations, safety and other
- Works closely with the Sr. Property Portfolio Supervisor to ensure the implementation of property management training programs throughout the CEDC portfolio.
Lease/House Rules & Compliance:
- Responsible for day-to-day of the assign property management operation and compliance management and reporting.
- Responsible for marketing vacancies, lease-up, rent collection, bank deposits, weekly and monthly reports.
- Application process, move-ins, move-outs, annual tax credit recertification, and other compliance related duties in accordance with governing tax credit program regulations.
- Ensure resident screening guidelines and other compliance mandates are followed correctly by all Resident Managers & potential Oversee implementation and enforcement of Fair Housing laws.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve property’s both physical and financial performance; reviews occupancy status; recommends rent schedules and prepares rent increase requirements to governing agencies. Resolves property management related issues. Communicates activities and outcomes to the Sr. Property Portfolio Supervisor to ensure appropriate monitoring and control of property issues and operations are transparent and closed.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and maintenance areas to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; approves all exceptions of same
- Enforces tenant recertification schedules.
- Meet regularly with the Compliance Specialist to address issues & concerns related to audits and
Financial & Asset:
- Ensure that all collections are done timely, 3-Day Notices are done timely, and that Leases and Changes of Lease Terms are completed properly in collaboration with Compliance Specialist and legal
- Ensure that all resident managers follow proper procedures with regard to Security Deposits
- Review property vacancy reports, aged receivables, resident delinquency, and other financial reports to ensure financial profitability of
- Participate in the CNA Analyze properties and collaborate with Accounting and Maintenance for use of capital expenses that could be associated with replacement reserves.
- Provide support to Resident Managers regarding utility billing and HAP
- Provide support to Sr. Property Portfolio and the Director of Property Management in preparation of the Annual Budgets for each property managed by CEDC.
- Review financial reports, prepare monthly variance reports and discuss expenses with resident
- Ensure that petty cash replenishment requests, and other required financial needs are completed properly and submitted timely.
- Assess and determine appropriate rent concessions
Resident Relations & Operations:
- Attend resident meetings at each property. Schedule to be
- Oversees the resolution of resident relation issues. Oversees incident reporting & resolutions with all parties
- Oversight of maintenance work performed by staff and outside vendors and ensure work orders repairs, unit turnover and other repairs and replacement are completed in a timely manner and according to CEDC’s standards and policies.
- Ensure grounds are monitored daily to ensure safety and superior curb
- Inspects the properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations. Conducts periodic inspection of vacant apartments for market-ready condition.
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, contractors, and all others serving the
- Accept after-hours phone calls from residents for emergency maintenance service requests.
- Review waiting list at each of the properties and identify/support necessary marketing efforts to replenish the pool of
- Prepare physical condition reports for all the properties on a monthly basis with an action plan to address
- Submit Property Status Reports to the Property Supervisor. Ensure that all properties follow/conduct the bi-annual unit inspections and that any corrections are addressed.
- Assist with the lease renewal Analyze resident turnover.
- Supporteffective resident retention programs with RCS.
- Walk-through vacant units for assessment of conflicting reported information.
- Assist with after hour emergencies for the
- Meet with the Property Portfolio Supervisor on a regular basis and as needed with the Director of Property Management. Date and time to be determined.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have minimum 5 years property management
- Must have 3 years of Tax Credit practical experience (tax credit certification a plus).
- Must have HOME and US-RDA
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in nonprofit housing management.
- Experience with Yardi Property and Asset Management
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience facilitating and capturing engagement in-group settings; public
- Strong sense of
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and meet pressing and competing deadlines.
- Positive attitude and ability to instill teamwork among
- Sensitive to the needs and concerns of low-income
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university or college preferred.
- Experience working in the field(s) of community development, housing, and/or economic development preferred.
- SCHM certification preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.
CEDC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.