NeighborWorks® Alaska is dedicated to improving the quality of life for families and individuals by preserving homes, creating new housing opportunities, and strengthening neighborhoods.
Supervisor: Senior Property Manager, Deputy Director, Director of Housing
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Location: Panoramic View and/or Stephens Park properties located in
Status: Full-Time, Regular Position
This position provides market promotions, presentation and lease information for available units. Assists the property manager as needed.
Provides day-to-day management of property operations at an assigned property including: presenting apartment units to potential tenants, screening applicants, drawing up paperwork and ensuring details are correct, maintaining wait lists, coordinating work orders, and ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for tenants. Maintains current information on all aspects of a property including size, special features, expiration of current leasing agreements and pricing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Markets vacant units, presents units to potential residents, screens applications, and assists applicants in completing required agreements/leases and related documents.
2. Provides up-to-date reports daily schedules and activities on property traffic, approved/declined applications and lease up timelines to Property Manager. Works collaboratively with the property manager and maintenance staff to ensure that recently vacated properties are cleaned and ready to be viewed by potential residents. Ensures all assisted housing program regulations are followed and enforced.
3. Handles all details of move-ins, schedules and performs apartment inspections in the presence of the resident, works with the property manager to prioritize and schedule necessary make-ready instructions with maintenance and vendors, and conducts completion inspections, insuring quality control standards are met before returning the unit to rental inventory.
4. Handles resident service requests and corresponds with maintenance personnel to take care of all requests before move in.
5. Provides accurate information to residents and prospects in a courteous manner and fills all reasonable requests or requirements.
6. Displays a high level of integrity and professionalism at all times in dealing with residents, prospects, employees, and outside contacts.
7. Assists with “curb appeal” when on property ensuring trash is picked up around the grounds and all common areas, including any parking and garage areas, and notifying the property manager and/or appropriate custodial staff/agency if additional work is required. Inspects property for safety and improvement needs, completing work tickets for maintenance assistance when necessary.
8. In buildings with interior common areas, monitors hallways, stairways, storage rooms, and laundry facilities for cleanliness and neatness. Contacts appropriate custodial staff/ contractors as needed. Reports malfunctioning machines and damage or vandalism of any kind to the Property Manager.
9. Works closely with the Compliance Specialist, assuring all regulatory agreements and requirements are met and all tenant and related files are up-to-date and organized for audit.
10. Assists property manager when needed.
11. Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
12. Answers incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a client call, irate resident, service request, etc. Transfer calls to property manager when appropriate.
13. Must possess current driver’s license and vehicle insurance, clean criminal record, DMV report and ability to be bonded.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, ability to adjust focus, depth perception and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Maintains files and archives in storage.
PREFERRED (but not required) QUALIFICATIONS
Some prior experience working with low-income housing residents as a property manager or resident manager.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. NeighborWorks may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems necessary.
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place