The mission of Jubilee Housing is building diverse, compassionate communities that create opportunities for everyone to thrive. Since 1973, Jubilee has worked to provide high quality affordable housing and holistic support to those experiencing persistent economic hardship in the Adams Morgan and Columbia Heights neighborhoods of Washington D.C. Jubilee operates ten properties totaling 299 units of affordable housing and offers robust programming for residents and community members pursuing life goals.
Jubilee Housing is an innovator in financing for affordable housing and a responsible steward of the investments it receives. We understand our work to be about justice – for people who have been excluded from the prosperity of our city, and for our city itself to become a more equitable and united community. Our response is justice housing: affordable to those with few financial assets, located in neighborhoods where resources such as good schools, grocery stores, and public transportation are readily accessible and near services that support residents as they pursue educational and career attainment.
Jubilee is seeking individuals who are excited about this approach and want to work with us to operationalize our goals and aspirations.
Jubilee Housing seeks a full-time Compliance Specialist for eight residential properties (299 units) located in the Adams Morgan/Columbia Heights neighborhood.
The Compliance Specialist (CS) is responsible for the organizations compliance under LIHTC (Tax Credit) program and implementation of reporting requirements. The CS works with the Facilities Property Manager (FPM), Administrative Property Manager (APM), maintenance team and VP of Property Management and Development.
In addition to meeting property goals, the Compliance Specialist is an integral part of meeting resident life goals as well.
- Responsible for initial certifications and annual re-certifications.
- Ensure compliance with all LIHTC rules and regulations.
- Work closely with various DC agencies (DCHA, DBH, DHS, DHCD, DCRA)
- Assist with managing the various rental subsides (HVCP, LRSP, MFP, HOME FIRST)
- Assist in leading team by example, adhering to and appropriately updating all written policies and procedures.
- Assists with processing new applications and set up in OneSite.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of forms, reports and financial data for all households.
- Resolve resident concerns.
- Other assigned duties and projects.
- Thorough knowledge of apartment management and Fair Housing Laws.
- Extensive experience with LIHTC certification and compliance.
- Basic computer knowledge in Word, Excel, OneSite, Outlook and
- Enjoys being part of a diverse team.
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills (Inspiring).
- Ability to supervise and motivate associates to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision (Independent).
- Ability to delegate and supervise projects effectively.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to interact with different personality types (Customer Oriented)
- Highly organized and attentive to details.
- Ability to work quickly under time restrictive deadlines
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Real Estate training, certifications or licensing preferred.
- Tax Credit (LIHTC) certification / HCCP certification preferred / experience a must.
- Business School, college or other accredited courses in management,
accounting, finance or marketing.
Work Experience Minimum:
- Five years of property management experience
- Five years of Multi-Family / Tax Credit management experience in a supervisory capacity with proven record of accomplishment of achievements is required.
The following attributes will be valuable to this role:
- English-Spanish bilingual a plus, but not required
- Knowledgeable about the daily realities facing low-income families/individuals
- Ability to act calmly, quickly, and thoughtfully in a crisis situation
- An active spiritual grounding
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please email your resume, a thoughtful cover letter, include why you would be an ideal candidate for this position, and how you learned of this position to [email protected]jubileehousing.org. Please reference the job title “LIHTC Compliance Specialist” in the subject line.