Concern for Independent Living, Inc. is a non-profit agency committed to helping individuals and families to live in the community with dignity and enhanced opportunities through the provision of housing and support services. We are one of the largest housing agencies of this kind in New York State, currently serving approximately 1,300 individuals and families in over 240 locations. Concern offers a variety of housing options with individualized support services designed to support personal growth and independence.
The LIHTC Compliance Specialist is responsible for maintaining compliance with Low Income Housing Tax Credit regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitors changes in LIHTC regulations and requirements and implements changes as indicated;
• Maintains tenant files of all NYC properties in compliance with LIHTC regulations;
• Processes annual certifications and unit transfers;
• Prepares recertification notification letters;
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports for tax credit syndicators and funding sources;
• Participates in LIHTC reviews by outside entities;
• Performs internal audits of tenant files;
• Participates in initial lease-up of new properties;
• Possesses knowledge of the Federal Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Annual training in these areas is required;
• Attends trainings as required (including Relias Learning). Successful completion of LIHTC training including a passing score on the exam;
• Attendance at weekly supervision meetings and departmental meetings, as scheduled;
• Remain current with all Agency required compliance documents and trainings;
• Additional tasks as required.
Qualifications: Individual in this position should possess strong organizational skills and a detail oriented approach. Strong computer literacy skills are essential to this position. Must have certification in Low Income Housing Tax Credit compliance. Knowledge of HUD requirements and accounting experience is a plus. Good verbal and written communication skills are also required. Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years LIHTC compliance related work experience required. Experience and/or education in working with people with disabilities is a plus.
*Please include salary requirements.
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 9am – 5pm
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Agency Sponsored Life Insurance, Agency Sponsored Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending and Generous Time Off package!
Click here to apply for position based out of Long Island, Suffolk County: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1961425