SUMMARY: The Regional Property Manager is responsible for overseeing the property operations of an assigned set of LIHTC communities and ensuring communities are run in an organized and efficient manner in order to meet company standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages regional business processes including leasing, compliance, recertifications, resident relations, marketing, maintenance, budgeting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, vendor relations, selection and recruitment, and team development.
- Ensures that the portfolio and individual communities meet the established operational, financial, and business performance goals by inspecting properties, reviewing financial, market, and operational reports, and developing and implementing appropriate action plans to achieve results.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets market data to identify emerging trends that may impact the performance of the region, and works with others to develop and implement market plans that drive occupancy and revenue growth.
- Collaborates with development, construction and accounting as needed. Work directly with Construction and On-site team members to insure a smooth transition from construction to management for lease-up of new properties.
- Promotes owner satisfaction and retention through timely reporting and ongoing communication about the performance of the properties, and responds quickly and with urgency to client/owner concerns, questions, issues, and requests.
- Ensures the appearance and physical aspects of the properties meet the Company and owners established standards through routine site and safety inspections, and communicates concerns and requests for capital as needed to provide for the physical upkeep of each property.
- Continually evaluates rent and establishes/implements increases at lease renewal and as appropriate.
- Hires, evaluates, trains, and terminates employees according to the company policies and applicable laws, with assistance from management and/or the Human Resource department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises Property Managers within assigned region.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Holds Direct Reports accountable to adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.