Maintenance Tech I
About SAHA: Satellite Affordable Housing Associates (SAHA) is a leader in the affordable housing industry and is driven by the fundamental belief that every person deserves a home. We take pride in providing quality affordable homes that empower people and strength neighborhoods. Our philosophy of embracing sustainability, initiative, financial responsibility and diversity makes us one of the preeminent affordable housing development/management providers and employers in the Bay Area. With a staff of over 170, we take pride in offering our employees work/life balance, opportunities for growth and development and an excellent benefit package including several plans with 100% employer paid, employee coverage.
Position Summary: The position is responsible for the daily repairs and general up keep of the surrounding areas of the property. The position performs a variety of building maintenance repair work, which may include janitorial work, throughout the building. The position may be assigned to 1 or more properties depending on size of the properties and geographic regions.
Location: This position will work at two SAHA properties: Carmen Ave Apts in Livermore and Fremont Oak Gardens in Fremont. Interested individuals are encouraged to visit SAHA’s website to learn more about these and our other properties.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains property or properties in an inspection ready state;
- Evaluates nature of problem from a work order request and performs maintenance or repair;
- Prepares unit turns which includes moving household appliances, painting and making the necessary repairs required for occupancy, may also assist in cleaning the unit;
- Monitors facility boilers, pumps, electric motors, fire sprinkler, and HVAC systems. Makes repairs or determines if use of vendor is necessary;
- Performs electrical troubleshooting and repair on building and unit systems;
- Performs repairs on all appliances such as stoves and hood ranges, refrigerators, electric and gas heaters, and garbage disposals;
- Performs plumbing replacement/repairs on water and sewer lines, drain pipes, toilets, faucets, and water heaters as needed;
- Performs maintenance/repairs on doors, locks, hinges, and makes keys;
- Performs basic carpentry such as installing drywall, cabinets, wood flooring, window panes, and minor dry rot replacement;
- Maintains and repairs flashings, roofs, drainage, and irrigation systems, walkways, stairs, stucco, parking surfaces, and similar building components;
- Notifies management concerning the need for major replacement, repairs or additions to the building and collects vendor bids when applicable;
- Works with property manager to implement a preventive maintenance schedule and coordinates larger projects as necessary;
- Inspects and reports on the work quality and performance of external vendors to the manager;
- Maintains supply and equipment inventories and replenishes as needed;
- Assists with maintaining exterior public areas, e.g., parking lot, grounds, etc., by removing debris, sweeping, and washing down sidewalks;
- May sweep, mop, scrub, dust, and vacuum hallways, stairs, office space, and other interior public areas. May also operate equipment necessary to strip and wax floors, and shampoo carpets;
- Serves as on call maintenance staff for assigned region according to schedule; (All maintenance staff are assigned two week shifts to cover emergencies at the assigned region overnight from 5pm to 6am.)
- Assists other SAHA properties in preparation for major inspections, other regulatory inspections, grand-openings, or when requested;
- Provides guidance, on site or remotely, to other Maintenance Technicians on routine maintenance or small projects;
- Works within various computer systems, including work order and email systems to manage communications tasks, and priorities;
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school degree or general education degree (GED) preferred with three years or more of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory or Lead Responsibilities:
- Supervises the work of vendors
- May supervise projects and report to direct supervisors on peer performance.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
Valid driver’s license, a good driving record, proof of automobile insurance and reliable means of transportation is required as this position will have to transport tools and/or materials. A DMV check will be performed.
*Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer*