Related Midwest, the Chicago office of Related Companies, is the preeminent developer of luxury condominium and rental homes, affordable housing communities and mixed-use properties in Chicago. Recognized for its architecturally significant, market-defining projects and led by industry veterans who have integrated both property management and residential sales expertise into the development model, Related Midwest has reshaped five-star living in downtown Chicago through its three luxury apartment developments: 500 Lake Shore Drive, OneEleven and Landmark West Loop.
Related Midwest’s multibillion-dollar pipeline includes the Robert A.M. Stern Architects-designed One Bennett Park, a 70-story ultra-luxury residential tower and adjacent park by Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates in Chicago’s Streeterville neighborhood. In addition to One Bennett Park, Related Midwest is planning some of Chicago’s most anticipated developments: 400 N. Lake Shore Drive, located on the site of the former Chicago Spire project; The 78, a mixed-use, master-planned community on 62 acres at the southwest corner of Clark Street and Roosevelt Road, one of the largest vacant tracts of land in the city; and two projects in the West Loop neighborhood.
For more information about Related Companies please visit www.relatedmidwest.com
Related is looking for a Multi property Maintenance Technician, to join our team! These three properties located in the city of Anna, Metropolis and Vienna IL. Total units 104, garden style/town home affordable housing.
- Complete all maintenance requests issued in a timely manner
- Performs duties related to work orders and projects that include electrical, plumbing, drywall replacement/repair, painting, lock replacement, tile repairs, blind/window treatment and/or replacement, HVAC furnace and a/c repairs.
- Ensure vacant apartment are made ready per Related Management’s standards – scheduling vendors, flooring, painting, cleaning, replacing of appliance and general repairs.
- Work within budget limits established.
- Organized record keeping of appliance replacement, carpet and paints.
- Maintain building inventory for cost effective operations
- Schedule and complete Preventive Maintenance
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractor
- Complete grounds work, which may include picking up trash, sweeping curbs, and maintain areas around the dumpster
- Monitor and maintain all building systems
- Assists with annual inspections with outside vendors on backflow pressure testing, elevators, fire panel and fire extinguisher testing.
- Property Maintenance, Contractors (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general, painters, etc.), Construction workers, hotel management maintenance.
- HVAC certification a plus
- Valid drivers’ license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- 1-3 year(s) related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
Benefits & Compensation:
Incentive bonus program, training and development programs, career growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package after 30 days including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
SHIFT: Mon- Fri 8:00 am to 5:00 pm