FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
Management Entity: Crossroads Management, LLC
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor/Property Manager
Job Summary: Under general supervision, performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities and equipment and performs related duties as assigned.
Not all positions under this classification include all of the listed duties or tasks under General Maintenance and Repair of Buildings, Facilities, Equipment and Grounds.
Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various facilities/sites including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, glazier, masonry, and painting tasks; repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets;
- performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets; repairs door hinges; cleans plugged key slots; changes filters on heating, ventilating and air conditioning units; services appliances, kitchen, and emergency equipment;
- hooks up appliances; reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate party for action;
- moves and assists in moving furniture and equipment at various facilities/sites;
- sets up and breaks down cubicle partitions; exercises discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person;
- assists in obtaining quotes and arranging for services with outside vendors as needed;
- annotates and updates work logs for specific site requirements;
- activates and deactivates building alarms and responds to alarm calls during and after regular work hours;
- maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
Carpentry: Performs basic rough and finished carpentry work in construction and repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, roofs, and shelves.
Glazier: Removes broken glass, putty or plastic; replaces windows and door hardware; replaces or arranges for replacement of glass for windows, doors, and light fixtures.
Electrical: Performs basic electrical installation and repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, power circuits and appliances; repairs lighting systems; inspects electrical systems for unsafe conditions.
Plumbing/Painting: Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks; opens clogged lines and drains; replaces washers and other minor parts; maintains and monitors septic system; applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain; repairs wall coverings.
Grounds Maintenance: Maintains grounds in clean and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating and fertilizing lawns; replaces plants as needed; sets sprinklers; replaces broken sprinkler heads; adjusts automatic time clocks and system pressure if necessary; maintains grounds maintenance equipment; trims tree branches that create hazardous situations; installs and maintains drinking fountains; repairs/replaces hot water heaters.
Masonry: Lays forms, mixes, pours, and finishes concrete for buildings, sidewalks and slabs.
- Minimum two (2) years experience.
- Knowledge of Methods used in maintenance including basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, masonry, grounds keeping, appliance repair, and electrical wiring; standard practices and tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities; safety practices and procedures related to the building trades; basic math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Experience in the use of a variety of hand and power tools; read blueprints; review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors; follow oral and/or written instructions;
- Oral and written communication skills
- Experience in the maintenance of work logs; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments.
Related certifications preferred.
Valid Driver’s license and insurance and reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended period of time at a keyboard or workstation; to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work; to use hands in order to finger, handle, or feel; to reach with hands and arms; and to talk or to hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials of light weight (up to 10 pounds). The employee is occasionally required to walk, to stand, to stoop, to kneel, and to crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
Send Resume with cover letter to [email protected]