Explore a career at EAH Housing.
Start or continue a career in real estate development and management with EAH Housing. We are looking for talented and skilled professionals as we expand our property portfolio throughout California and Hawai`i. As a mission-based nonprofit organization and industry leader for more than 50 years, we live up to our values, and work to create opportunities to empower people to live better lives. Join us and make a difference today.
What we offer.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match. We also offer generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule, and work schedule flexibility.
We believe in work / life balance.
15 days of vacation per year (which increases based on years of service)
10 paid sick days per year
12 paid holidays
Leave Early Fridays (REM Onsite Positions)
Flexible Start Times (REM Onsite Positions)
We take care of our employees.
403b Retirement Plan with 5% company match
Go 365 Wellness Program
Free Employee Medical Insurance
Affordable Dental & Vision Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
EAP – Mental Health, Financial and Legal Services
$1,500 Employee Referral Program
EAH University, an in-house training program
Position is for a full time (40 hours/week) Safety Manager to work in the corporate offices of EAH in San Rafael, CA. The Safety Manager will align the company culture on safety by prioritizing a healthy and safe work environment. EAH is seeking an effective leader who can continuously improve EAH’s goals for safety and accident prevention. Must be able to communicate effectively on new hire safety trainings and collaborate with various departments. Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Human Resources, or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred. Bilingual English-Spanish a plus.
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. EAH develops low-income multifamily housing, manages more than 222 properties throughout in California and Hawai’i, and plays a leadership role in local, regional, and national housing advocacy efforts.
EAH Housing puts its core values into action every day as our staff of 700 people serves 25,000 residents in 87 municipalities. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, professional development, and invest in our employees through extensive training programs. Please visit our www.eahhousing.org to learn more about us, our culture, and how we strive to maintain excellence in everything we do.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition MANAG02312 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision and acting on own initiative, leads company-wide safety program and manages workers’ compensation claims to promote superior safety results and comply with all applicable state and federal regulations. Focused on promoting a safe and healthy work environment and a company culture that prioritizes safety. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
- Administers an effective and pro-active company Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and its supporting policies, practices, and procedures for all company personnel. Ensures programs are compliant with Title 8 California Code of Regulations, OSHA, Cal-Osha and all applicable state and federal work safety regulations. Focuses on accident prevention for residents as well as employees.
- Administers Emergency Action Plans for onsite locations.
- Ensures that Job Hazard/Risk Assessments are maintained for each job task.
- Work with insurance loss control consultant on recommendations for the elimination or mitigation of safety problems and follows through with Real Estate Management that identified hazards are addressed and communicated throughout portfolio to prevent recurrence. Works closely with Facilities team and onsite maintenance staff.
- Consults with loss control consultant to interpret any new regulations and safety codes and presents recommendations to Safety Policy Team (Director of Facilities, VP Operations, SVP Real Estate Management, SVP Human Resources). Updates policies and procedures in response. Creates communication plan to implement any changes and any associated tracking requirements
- Ensures that new employee safety orientations are conducted and that employees complete required safety training. Conducts trainings as needed.
- Works with Employee Learning & Development Manager to keep employee training up to date and responsive to current hazards
- Interfaces with occupational injury clinics to ensure high-quality service. Designates a clinic for each company location. Adds new locations and assigned clinic information to Medcor contract
- Administers company pre-and post-employment health assessments and pre-employment/post-accident drug testing
- Pandemic response: g. COVID-19 – develops and implements workplace safety procedures based Public Health Department guidance & requirements of current company risk levels. Communicates with local and state public health departments as required. Works with HR team on contact tracing.
- Ensures all injuries are reported via Medcor. Ensures that any reports to OSHA are completed within time requirements. Reviews all injury reports and follows up on related documentation and forms. Contacts injured worker to make sure they understand next steps, their own responsibility in the claim process and that the safety manager is there to help with any questions
- Ensures that a timely root cause analysis (accident investigation) is conducted for every injury or close call reported, focusing on preventing future instances and not on blame. Consults with loss control when necessary to assist in strengthening EAH Safety Programs. Works with manager and HR team making sure management completes any safety-related employee disciplinary actions.
- Manages open claims by close communication with injured worker, adjuster, and supervisor. Loops HRBP in as appropriate. Administers the Temporary Alternative Work program, helping managers to identify modified work assignments and issuing timely offers of modified work
- Participates in quarterly claims review with broker and claim adjusters, emphasizing timely and effective case management and appropriate reserving practices.
- Reviews claim reserves for appropriateness, paying particular attention to unit stat impact on experience modification. Review ExMod work sheet for errors in incurred amounts
- Works with charity placement program as appropriate
- Conducts and/or monitors timely accident investigations and
- Reviews and monitors injury reports, on-site monthly safety training and quarterly self-inspection checklist (hazard identification), safety grievance reports; develops and reviews statistics, and, by other means, evaluates the effectiveness of the existing safety program. Shares results with Safety Committee and department heads
- Administers safety suggestion program and incentive program
- Ensures Cal/OSHA logs are properly compiled and posted as required by state law
High school diploma or GED. Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). 3-5 years experience in occupational health and safety.
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Human Resources, or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
- Bilingual English-Spanish
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations can be requested after an offer has been extended.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985