Neighborhood Partnership Housing Services (NPHS) is a community development organization with a mission to build equitable communities by creating innovative housing and economic solutions that advance the well-being of people, vitality of neighborhoods, creation of jobs, and sustainability of the environment. We apply a holistic approach to community and economic development by engineering innovative programs, products, services, and social enterprises that create meaningful impact and transformational change in our communities.
Homes by NPHS LLC, an affiliate of NPHS, is a social enterprise that supplies and sells quality, affordable factory-built homes of all sizes to nonprofit and for-profit developers, manufactured housing communities, homeowners, and a range of other stakeholders. Homes by NPHS LLC harnesses the many benefits of factory-built technology to holistically scale the production of quality, high-performing, and affordable single-family homes and Accessory Dwelling Units. By opening channels to factory-built housing, Homes by NPHS LLC supports local revitalization and affordable housing efforts by replacing dilapidated housing units and building new homes faster and at lower development costs.
Homes by NPHS LLC seeks an innovative and adaptable Manufactured Housing Program Manager (MHPM) that will manage and assist in the growth of our factory-built housing social enterprise. The MHPM will report directly to the Vice President of Design and Construction and work closely with the CEO and other team members to grow and expand all aspects of our manufactured housing program and services. Our ideal candidate is flexible, entrepreneurial, and technology-minded with a strong understanding of affordable housing and onsite and factory-built (off-site) housing construction methods. The MHPM will use their exceptional organizational skills and master multitasking abilities to manage and grow our manufactured housing social enterprise throughout the Inland Empire and beyond.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and grow all aspects of the organization’s manufactured housing programs and services.
- Manage the entire service delivery process, including but not limited to writing up and processing purchase orders, submitting orders to manufacturers, ensuring homes are built to customer specifications, and working with delivery vendors to ensure the timely delivery of homes.
- Work with customers to layout manufactured home designs for their developments and provide cost estimates.
- Review draft sets of plans and collaborate with design teams on plan revisions to meet design standards and a project budget and obtain building permits for a broad range of projects.
- Evaluate the feasibility of development opportunities in conjunction with the development team.
- Facilitate the overall flow of paperwork required for new home orders and purchases.
- Review submitted quotes from plants to ensure pricing and home specifications are consistent with organization standards.
- Routine communication with plants to ensure that we receive quotes, offline dates, and new floorplans and ensure homes are delivered promptly.
- Work with plants to request and implement new floorplans or modifications to existing floorplans.
- Develop and foster productive relationships with plants and various manufacturers of factory-built housing.
- Work with team members to identify municipal affordable housing opportunities and responses to RFPs.
- Proactively establish and maintain productive relationships with nonprofit and for-profit developers, manufactured housing communities, homeowners, and landowners to increase the orders and sales of manufactured housing units.
- Maintain customer files and provide timely follow-up with prospective buyers via the company’s CRM system.
- Develop, refine and execute a strategic sales and marketing plan to increase the orders of manufactured home units.
- Conduct presentations to a broad range of stakeholders to increase the purchase and delivery of manufactured homes.
- Achieve department and strategic plan production goals.
- Initiate manufactured home sales and marketing activities, including phone calls, e-mails, online postings, and face-to-face meetings, designed to identify and engage prospective new customers and partners.
- Protect the Homes by NPHS branding and assets by maintaining a high level of integrity throughout the sales process.
- Work collaboratively with all company functions demonstrating a commitment to team involvement and continuous improvement in operations, customer service, marketing, and sales.
- Participate in all meetings, training opportunities, and other company-sponsored functions.
- Works some weekends and evenings to conduct community presentations, marketing events, and manufactured housing trade shows.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external vendors.
- Participate in all required business travel.
- Manage procurement and perform periodic review, research, recommend and oversee the selection of contract services, and negotiate vendor service agreements.
- Ensure that emerging policy and innovations inform Homes by NPHS LLC’s work in the manufactured housing field.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Understanding of affordable housing and onsite and factory-built (off-site) housing construction.
- Detail- and results-oriented; mission-driven.
- Ability to use computer-based technology at a high level to complete different technical tasks that vary in complexity. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and data analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, other departments, key stakeholders, and the public.
- Ability to work congenially with and through various personality types, individuals, governmental entities, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to work through ambiguity to find answers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to multitask and establish appropriate work priorities; Able to work under pressure.
- The ability to see specific situations and the big picture is essential.
- Ability to conceptualize and strategize; willing to actively consider new and innovative opportunities.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team; Ability to lead or to take and follow directions.
- Ability to complete work within deadlines or, if not, to establish appropriate work priorities to keep projects moving forward on time without negatively impacting deadlines.
- Ability to track and self-manage assignments as well as report on the status of progress and goals.
- Able to shift priorities and assignments with little notice and based on changing circumstances
- Able to think creatively “on your feet” and thrive in unproven or fluid circumstances.
- Demonstrates a high degree of initiative, responsibility, and accountability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A Bachelor’s degree in architecture, business, finance, construction management, urban planning, or any equivalent combination of education and professional experience in real estate development is required. At least three years of experience in real estate development, with a preference for experience in affordable housing development and manufactured housing. Professional experience in other facets of affordable housing development will be considered.
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000 and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position has been designed as a full-time, onsite exempt position with a complete benefits package. NPHS’ benefits package includes health, dental, and life insurance, 403B with a 6% match, vacation/sick, paid holidays, and training opportunities. This position does not work remotely.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Neighborhood Partnership Housing Services
9551 Pittsburgh Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
NPHS is dedicated to improving the lives of residents in our communities. Our mission begins at home by cultivating, retaining, and improving the lives of our greatest assets—our employees. We believe diversity fuels our innovation, and team collaboration strengthens our entrepreneurial spirit. Our inclusive working environment encourages all our employees to participate in every aspect of our organization’s development.
NPHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. NPHS’ non-discriminatory and equal opportunity policies apply to all prospective and current employees, contractors, and visitors, who may be vulnerable to discriminatory treatment due to specific physical characteristics, beliefs, preferences, orientations, or other traits.