New Neighborhoods is seeking an experienced Occupancy Specialist in the affordable housing industry, specifically experienced with HUD Section 8 properties with project-based contracts and/or Section 42 LIHTC properties tax credit recertification processes as well as familiarity with the affordable housing industry compliance requirements.
The Occupancy Specialist position is responsible for assuring that New Neighborhoods properties operate within all compliance requirements for new leases and within the recertification process of our tenants. In addition, the Occupancy Specialist reports to the Regional Property Manager and assists in all facets of property management, tenancy, and operations as needed. New Neighborhood’s goal is to support the long-term growth of our employees and successful Occupancy Specialists are highly considered for future advancement within our organization.
Job Responsibilities – Including but not limited to the following:
- Process initial, annual and interim recertification’s in addition to retroactive rent-calculations while conforming to HUD, LIHTC, Affirmative Fair Housing regulations and guidelines, as well as Federal, State and City government regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure regulatory compliance, annual re-certifications and annual filing as it pertains to LIHTC, RAP, DECD and HUD.
- Handle income and rent calculations for tenants using HUD and LIHTC formulas.
- Receive and process tenant rent collections and delinquencies, late notices and posting rents.
- Audit and reconcile all subsidized housing programs for assigned NNI property locations.
- Assists residents and applicants with inquiries and questions regarding LIHTC, HUD, compliance and affordable housing availability.
- Participate in training including CHFA, LIHTC, Compliance, Fair Housing, HUD, NCHM and other training seminars as requested by your manager.
- Provide coverage for Property Managers, Assistant Property Managers, or other New Neighborhoods personnel as needed during vacations and/or other extended absences.
- Complete other tasks, duties and/or special projects as assigned by your supervisor.
Education, Experience, Skills and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have a minimum of two years of initial, annual and interim recertification experience with HUD properties and/or Tax Credit properties.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and complex operational matters.
- Experience with Property Management Software. (Real Page, Yardi, Boston Post, etc.)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong written and oral interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience working in and with community organizations.
- Property management experience and certifications a plus (COS, TSC)
- Ownership of an automobile and a valid driver’s license.
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: [email protected]