Come make a difference! Since 1896, Volunteers of America’s ministry of service has supported and empowered America’s most vulnerable populations and is one of the nation’s largest human services organizations and nonprofit providers of quality, affordable housing for low and moderate-income households.
OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the leasing and maintaining resident files in compliance with Tax Credit regulations, as well as for maintaining positive resident relations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with Federal Fair Housing Guidelines
- A minimum of one (1) year required, two (2) years preferred, of related experience in affordable housing Low Income Housing Tax Credits or HUD programs.
- Superior customer service skills in fast paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential information professionally
- Individual must possess a positive attitude, high level of flexibility, effective communicator, detail-orientated with strong organizational skills, to work with minimal supervision, focus on completing assigned tasks in a timely manner, and a willingness to get involved
- Must have a valid driver license, some travel required
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed including weekends as required to meet occupancy requirements
- Ability manage time wisely to meet deadlines
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
- Lease apartments with an understanding of affordable program knowledge necessary to perform the leasing function
- Complete annual recertifications in a timely manner, per program requirements.
- Provide individual or group tours of the property and must be able to accurately explain the properties policies, amenities, services, and rent structure
- Must have strong verbal skills including the effective use of the telephone. Position requires daily follow up with prospects and prompt follow up on all incoming inquiries
- Generate and maintain accurate records on prospects. Process rental applications and other admission materials including background checks, credit checks, and sex offender checks as directed
- Inspect rent ready units with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure units are ready for showing daily
- Responsible for collection of rent from property residents
- Maintain resident and property files and waiting lists
- Create resident work orders
- Other Job Functions Include:
- Assists with audit preparations each year
- Attends training as assigned
- Special projects and other duties as assigned