Boston Financial Investment Management, LP is one of the largest multi-family investment managers of low-income housing in the U.S. The firm specializes in low-income housing tax credit investment syndication and asset management. Boston Financial is a wholly owned subsidiary of ORIX USA Corporation.
- Originate strong, well-structured 4% and 9% LIHTC transactions with potential and existing clients.
- Maintain existing and build new relationships with LIHTC developers, consultants, state agencies, attorneys and accountants who are active within assigned region.
- Manage all placement screenings and Letters of Intent for deals originated in assigned region.
- Responsible for structuring and negotiating prospective deals, complying with investors deal requirements, analyzing and coordinating third party reports, and executing the final Limited Partnership Agreements..
- Work hand-in-hand with account managers and the investor sales team to guide transactions through the underwriting process, and ensuring deals are closed within the desired time frame.
- Maintain overall responsibility for ensuring deal meets Investment Committee guidelines and all deal issues are identified and disclosed to IC members, investor sales team, and potential investors.
- Maintain overall responsibility for ensuring sale of investment to investor is processed smoothly and efficiently.
- Act as a resource, on an as-needed basis, to asset management to facilitate smooth transition of the deal during construction and operating phases of the property.
- Maintain and build on Boston Financial’s presence in the industry by actively participating in conferences within assigned region. Participation should include speaking on panels.
- Act as a leader within the syndication community with state-agency professionals and financial partners including banks and local/state lenders who participate with Boston Financial on transactions by keeping them abreast of market changes and news.
- Participate on appropriate boards and organizations that are active within assigned territory.
- Develop expertise with state QAPs and state and municipal level financing programs.
- Collect, monitor and analyze information with respect to market pricing and standard business terms from competitors for similar quality transactions within assigned region.
Please apply directly via our Careers page: www.bfim.com/careers.aspx