Aperto Property Management, Inc. is a growing Multifamily Property Management Company. We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Payroll and Benefits Manager to join our team at our Corporate Office in Irvine, CA.
The Payroll and Benefits Manager, is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of the organization’s payroll. This role maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering employee timesheet data. The role is responsible for ensuring up-to-date and accurate information is retained within the company’s HRIS. Responsible for full cycle Benefit Administration, including 401k, health benefits, open enrollment, reconciliation of monthly statements, liaison with Cobra Administrator, leave of absence administration, and participation in the annual benefit renewal meetings.
- Processes payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Processes final paychecks and manages termination process.
- Recommends process improvements and efficiencies to streamline payroll processing.
- Maintains payroll reports in accordance with all state and federal requirements.
- Inputs changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage and garnishments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Ensures vacation/sick data is correct in all systems.
- Configures and runs reports as needed.
- Reconciles employee’s timekeeping and maintains payroll records.
- Provides customer service to employees (internal customers) with any payroll and benefit related matters.
- Executes benefit invoice reconciliations.
- Responsible for all 401k administration.
- Acts as liaison between Aperto and benefit broker, health and benefit providers, Cobra administrator.
- Maintains and reviews all timekeeping systems.
- Manages open enrollment.
- Evaluates employee benefits policies and offerings to assess whether they are current, competitive, and legal.
- Oversees the distribution of pay and benefits information to the organization’s employees; answer questions as needed.
- Ensures that pay and benefits plans comply with federal and state regulations.
- Administers Leave of Absences, as needed.
- Assists the Human Resources Manager on projects and day to day tasks, as needed.
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
- Other essential duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Associate’s degree preferred
- 5+ Years Payroll experience
- Experience with multi-locations and multi-state required
- 5+ Years Payroll software and HRIS data management
- Experience with Paylocity required
- 5+ Years benefits experience required
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Suite capabilities
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to interact with a variety of people within an organization in a professional manner
- Thrives in a fast-paced, innovative and forward-thinking environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solutions-driven mindset
- Decisive decision-maker, quick response and immediate action
- Relationship building
- Accountability and ownership
- Embraces and quickly adapts to change
- Good judgment
- Goal oriented, organized and self-starter
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
If you are looking for the next exciting and challenging step in your career, Aperto Property Management is the place for you!
Aperto Property Management is a full-service, fee-based apartment management company for conventional and affordable multi-housing communities. At APM, our mission is to simply be the best apartment management company in the United States and to provide quality management, professional service, and superior operating results to our clients and residents.
We provide a workplace where our associates are empowered to take initiative, and there is a distinct culture of learning and development.
Aperto Property Management offers a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer long term disability, generous paid time off, 401K (with match), and more.
Aperto Property Management is an equal opportunity employer