Reliant Realty Services, LLC (“Reliant”) is a real estate property management company specializing in affordable housing properties. Reliant employs and manages approximately 700 personnel who facilitate operations at the asset level. Reliant currently provides property management, legal, accounting, security, compliance, and maintenance services to approximately 13,000 units across 7 states.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for administering payroll (processing weekly and bi-weekly payroll), process new hires in system, updating employee records and union benefits and responding to payroll inquiries.
Classification: Non-exempt (eligible for overtime)
- Process multiple weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for exempt and non-exempt and union and non-union employees. This is high frequency, time-sensitive work
- Maintain knowledge of tax rules and regulations that govern payroll administration practices and ensure that payroll-related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies, as well as applicable federal, state, and local regulations
- Post Journal entries to reconcile all payroll accounts
- Set up, process, and maintain changes to an employee’s voluntary and involuntary deductions such as direct deposits, benefits and garnishments
- Reconcile and calculate payroll adjustments, issue checks, process manual checks and void checks as needed
- Assist department managers and staff by answering payroll procedural questions, as well as researching and resolving payroll problems and discrepancies
- Help assist payroll team in responding timely and effectively to inquires related to payroll, providing guidance on garnishments, child supports, IRS levies and pay practices.
- Work with the Human Resources department to collaboratively administer all company attendance and time reporting, benefits and payroll policies
- Audit documentation of new hires processed by Human Resources
- Maintain employee information and pay Remittance to various unions such as 32BJ, Local 1032, Local 670 and Local 808
- Respond timely and effectively to inquires related to payroll, providing guidance on garnishments, child supports, IRS levies and pay practices.
- Audit payroll and employee deductions update records as needed
- Administer annual increases and year end bonuses
- Update all pay rate based on collective bargaining agreements
- Process severance and retirement payments for unionized workforce
- Assist with special projects/ad hoc assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or a related field required
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience processing payroll
- Understanding of Payroll Fundamentals, tax laws, benefits
- Multistate payroll experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Yardi software preferred
- Ceridian/Dayforce software experience a plus
- Yardi software experience a plus
- Knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act and other state, city laws
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work efficiently is a must
- Experience with union contracts highly preferred
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal) and follow-up effectively with all levels within the organization is key
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment is a must.
- FPC or CPP certification preferred
- We pay 100% of medical benefits, for employee only. Dental, vision and additional benefit selections plan options also available.
- 401 (K) available plus company match
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- STD, LTD, life insurance, dependent coverage