The Portfolio Manager is a part of the Property and Asset Management Department. Position is responsible for the general management and oversight of all properties assigned to the portfolio. Incumbent will provide management, direction, and leadership to direct reports and ensure that the property is maintained and operated with the SHRA objectives and HUD regulatory requirements. Tracking project financials and schedules are required to report status regularly. The housing portfolio is approximately 1689 total housing units with a combination of HUD Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credit.
Portfolio Managers share responsibilities for implementing Agency-wide objectives and directives through programs and practices which reflect the Vision Statement and the SHRA in-house cultural objectives. Portfolio Managers are responsible for supporting a “one agency” perspective while acting as advocates for their work units. Portfolio Managers support the Executive Team as they:
- Implement organization-wide goals and cross-department projects and objectives.
- Offers input and feedback to long range, strategic and budget planning processes.
- Maintains both a department and an organization-wide perspective when considering information, issues and challenges.
- Model the Agency’s service orientation with all public, elected or funding agency representatives.
- Conduct business through cross-department participation and review, two-way communication and accountability.
- Preparing and monitoring annual documentation and requests to HUD for contract renewals and rent increases, including utility allowance analyses; capital needs and replacement reserve analyses; HUD budget forms and required tenant notifications.
- Reviewing property budgets, income statements, and variance reports, as well as, leases/rent roll analyses and other applicable information for portfolio and asset management review.
- Manage reporting and compliance related to HUD regulation with regards to subsidized housing occupancy, management, re-certification, EIV, MOR, and REAC inspections.
- Management of annual budgets and capital plans for portfolio. Oversee the maintenance of SHRA facilities.
- Experience working within HUD, Section 8, low income housing tax credits and other affordable housing requirements.
- Working knowledge of Fair Housing Laws so that policies and actions are administered in compliance with Federal, State and Local laws
- Thorough understanding through experience, education, and certification of all HUD regulations with regards to subsidized housing occupancy, management, recertification, EIV, and MOR and REAC Inspections
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms with a diverse population. Certified Property Manager (CPM) preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet VHA auto insurance requirements.
At least 4 years related experience in property management or related environment. A minimum of 1 year of experience supervising staff in a housing environment. Previous experience with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) programs preferred.
BA in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related subject
Licenses and Certificates:
Housing and Urban Development approved Certificate in Public Housing Management.
Must possess and maintain an applicable California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
A valid Broker’s License may be required.