Salary Range 14: $32.33 – 39.30/hour
(This position will be hired at 72 hours per pay period and a schedule of
nine 8-hour workdays per two week pay period with every other Friday off)
Final Filing Date: Applications must be submitted by June 30, 2021
at 5:00 pm PST
The Housing Authority of the City of Alameda is proud of its mission and accomplishments. In partnership with the entire community, the Housing Authority advocates and provides quality, affordable safe housing, encourages self-sufficiency, and strengthens community inclusiveness and diversity in housing.
The Housing Authority of the City of Alameda is looking for an exceptional, process-oriented professional to provide complex program administrative support duties. The position currently open will provide support to the Housing Programs Department including performing general customer service, administrative, and document production work. This is a non-exempt position. Work will be performed in the AHA office; no telecommuting is available for this position.
Program Assistants must be capable of performing complex administrative and office support duties, including assisting in department-related projects and programs. The work has technical and programmatic aspects, requiring the interpretation and application of policies, procedures, and regulations, and involves frequent contact with Housing Authority and City of Alameda staff and the public, as well as performing various research functions. Please refer to the job description for the complete range of duties required of this position.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade and four (4) years of increasingly responsible office administrative or secretarial experience.
- Additional specialized secretarial, clerical or administrative training is desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills, and an ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment are essential, as is the ability to organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Preferred: Language skills in one or more of the agency’s Limited English proficiency languages (Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, or Tagalog).
- Experience with Yardi (or housing related software) and Laserfiche is a plus; proficiency in common business software such as Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Preferred: Knowledge of and experience with affordable housing programs, including Section 8.
- Required: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver’s license by time of appointment. Must be able to be insured under AHA’s owned automobile insurance policy.