Join our MEDA Team
At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to help low- to moderate-income Latinx families in San Francisco’s Mission District become economically stable – by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As we continue to rebuild this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Your Career Opportunity
As Project Manager, you will be part of a dynamic team to develop affordable real estate for the community. You will lead real estate projects that will keep the diversity of the Mission District and San Francisco by building housing and commercial spaces that will be affordable to low-income and specifically, Latinx households. You will manage staff and partners to acquire, design, build and transfer operations of real estate. As part of our Community Real Estate team, you will play a key role in reversing displacement by developing rental and ownership opportunities for both residents and businesses from the Mission and San Francisco.
This work is game-changing and will give the right candidate the opportunity to develop strong and responsive real estate solutions to the housing crisis in San Francisco and the Bay area. Successful candidates will bring in their real estate finance skills and experience and be collaborative in organizing teams with urgency.
Specifically, you will:
- Evaluate potential development sites and perform feasibility analysis related to property acquisitions.
- Prepare, update and adhere to project schedules and budget.
- Obtain project approvals from planning and building departments and other regulatory agencies.
- Oversee project design development and preparation of project plans and specifications.
- Work with Property Management, Tenant Services, Asset Management and tenants to ensure integrated design and development of projects.
Your Keys to Success
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 2-5 years of experience in affordable housing
- and/or multi-family residential, commercial property development; preferably with expertise in nonprofit and small business real estate finance;
- Strong financial proforma skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- High degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and capability in managing projects;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with project teams and people of diverse backgrounds;
- Passionate about making an impact to the community MEDA supports.
Your MEDA Experience
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their spouse/partner and dependents – 100% covered by MEDA
- 401k Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off, minimum of 20 days for new employees plus 12 holidays
- Employee Assistance Program that offer free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families
- Other forms of voluntary benefits