The position of project manager is an integral member of the development team that also carries out executive assistant function to the president. Main duties include managing new and special projects to completion, general business development, managing relationships and ensuring compliance activities are carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
- Compile funding applications for state housing finance agencies (Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program/LIHTC), county and local government and redevelopment authorities.
- Assist with development budgets, schedules, and supporting data in accordance with company procedure; working with Finance, Management and Maintenance to assure a feasible project.
- Work alongside Property Management to ensure compliance with special financing and watchdog groups that conduct audits.
- Assist with the coordination of all government filings and approvals.
- Build relationships with community leaders and politicians; garnering support for proposed projects.
- Work with community based organizations such as community development corporations, neighborhood groups, city departments and planning officials.
- Track and maintain key contract performance dates, obligations and notices.
- Respond to RFI’s from funders.
- Keep abreast of the local real estate market.
- Apply for zoning variances and attend hearings.
- Find new business opportunities.
- Assist with the department’s annual budget and presentation to management; including preparation of activity reports for the department’s Annual Report.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A master’s in planning, real estate development or related field is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects concurrently.
- Basic understanding of real estate finance and construction.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to self-motivate and remain focused.
- Possesses a drive to see things through to completion irrespective of the hurdles presented.
- Knows and understands planning and policy.