A healthy community begins at home. REACH provides quality affordable housing and opportunities for individuals, families, and communities to thrive.
REACH is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
This organization believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Performs a variety of accounting functions ensuring the issuance of interim financial statements based on generally accepted accounting practices.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Process Accounts Payable, cash receipts, bank reconciliations, tenant ledger analysis, monthly close process for property entities
- Report any violation of internal control policies
- Process vendor 1099s annually
- Update property budget templates and upload annual budgets into accounting software
- Review monthly rent charges
- Process recurring intercompany transactions
- Provide compilations for interim and year-end audit work papers
- Complete fiscal onboarding functions for property site staff
- Serve as administrator for remote deposit functions
REACH employees are expected and required to behave in a professional and courteous manner in doing REACH business and dealing with other staff, residents, and all contacts inside and outside the organization. Profanity, derogatory and abusive language is specifically forbidden.
Scope and Accountability:
- Frequently, incumbent’s decisions and actions moderately impact the company’s revenue or operations. Decisions and actions may have a strong impact on reputation, and/or customer satisfaction.
- Work under established guidelines and controls including REACH administration policies and procedures.
- Operates from established and well-known procedures.
- Decisions are made within established organizational guidelines with occasional variation from the norm.
- Performs duties independently, but guidance and direction are available for unusual or critical situations.
- Work under established guidelines and controls, including …Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley and other local and national government regulations, including transportation, environmental, and Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), Financial Accounting Standards Board, inter-company procedures, REACH’s Audit Policies and Procedures and REACH’s Code of Business Ethics.
Errors may result in…
- Additional time required to correct errors
- Incorrect payments made
- Missed payment or filing deadlines
- Additional costs to the organization
- Incorrect financial reports
- Faulty management decisions based on erroneous data
- Improperly or uncompleted work
- Cost or time overruns
- Effect on property integrity
- Incorrectly collected or applied rent monies
- Resident issues or dissatisfaction
- Missed opportunities
Other useful statements include:
- Position involves a moderate degree of complexity in dealing with recurring work situations
- Work is reviewed by supervisor
- Work is reviewed on a general basis only
This section lets the employee know if they are going to be supervising anyone else. This
Job is not supervisory in nature
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess strong knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices, mathematical, analytical skills
- Working knowledge of relevant computer programs; Microsoft Office, accounting software and property management software
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic background, religious view, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations, treating each individual with respect and dignity.
- Must adhere to company policies of non-discrimination
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree specializing in accounting or related field; or equivalent education and experience
Preferred experience in similar setting
Contacts are made…
- Both inside and outside the organization
External contacts occur with:
- Other service organizations
Internal contacts occur
- With all levels and areas of the organization
Contacts are made…
- On own initiative and at the direction of the supervisor
- Contacts made may concern confidential or sensitive information requiring the use of discretion, negotiation or persuasion
- Contacts occur both face- to-face and via telephone
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Identify any job requirements that may not be standard or obvious. Examples include:
- May require overtime to meet deadlines
- May require evening and/or weekend meetings
- Requires period of walking, standing or working in confined spaces
- May require the need for frequent shifting of priorities and deadlines
- Work levels tend to fluctuate with deadlines of rent receivables, audit periods or during
- Must have a valid driver’s license and valid liability insurance
NOTE: If the employee will be driving a REACH vehicle, this must be stated in the job description. If the employee will be using his/her own vehicle for REACH business this must also be stated. And it must be noted that the employee is required to have a valid driver’s license and state applicable vehicle liability insurance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and readily and effectively communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include ability to effectively see within an office environment, which may include long term computer exposure, and to adjust focus accordingly.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship is “At-Will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.