Property Management Compliance Specialist
Central Office, St. Paul MN
As the largest provider of affordable housing in the Upper Midwest, CommonBond Communities has been building and sustaining homes with services to families, seniors, and individuals with disabilities since 1971. We combine affordable housing with on-site Advantage Services with a goal of helping residents achieve stability, advancement, and independence. We believe that all people, despite their economic status, should experience the benefits of a home. If you agree, and want to work in an exciting employee driven culture that values work/life balance, consider joining our team!
CommonBond Communities is excited to announce the opening of a full time ( 40 hour/ week)Property Management Compliance Specialist due to growth. The Property Management Compliance Specialist (PMCS) oversees a portfolio of properties, being responsible for daily support and review of site compliance activity related to the property’s affordable housing rules and regulations, and organization policy.
Schedule: Monday- Friday Days
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Supports site staff & acts as resource regarding site’s compliance programs
- Review site generated resident file documentation and certification packets to ensure correct documentation, completion, and that filing requirements are met.
- Stay abreast of any changes in fair housing.
- Partner with with other department, serve as a representative on relevant committees, and participate in trainings
- Regularly visit all properties in assigned portfolio.
- Remain knowledgeable of current application of compliance program rules & regulation and organization’s policies
- Demonstrate clear understanding and accurate use of property management software,
- Maintain current and relevant housing certifications
- Monitor & update utility allowance changes and income limit training
- Minimum 5 years experience as a compliance specialist, site manager, or assistant manager responsible for processing paperwork and regulation compliance for a property or properties with LIHTC and HUD Program, such as Project Based Section 8 or Section 236. HOME experience desired.
- COS certification (within the previous 3 years) or ability to obtain certification within six months of employment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and listening skills.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Proficient with PC applications, including Windows, Microsoft Word/ Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Proficient with one or more affordable property management software programs, including Yardi.
- Maintain current certification for specified HUD Programs, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, and all programs in CBC portfolio.
- Meet annual YARDI proficiency certification.
Qualified candidates can apply at: www.commonbond.org/employment
1080 Montreal Ave
St. Paul, MN. 55116
CommonBond Communities is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.