Property Management Coordinator
Position Summary: The Property Management Coordinator supports the Director of Property Management and the department by planning and executing various meetings, administrative projects and routine operational tasks.
Location: This position will work at SAHA’s Main Office in Berkeley. Approximately 15% of the job involves traveling throughout the East Bay (mileage will be reimbursed at the current federal rate).
Compensation: The pay range for this position begins at $24.04 hourly. Starting pay rates depend on candidate skill, experience, comparisons to current staff, and the needs of the specific position hired for.
Benefits/Perks: We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and work/life balance. Here are some of the highlights:
- Medical HMO- $10 copays. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children
- Dental HMO or PPO. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children
- Paid Time Off- 14 days in first year, 19 second year, 24 third year and beyond.
- Paid Holidays- at least 9 per year.
- Regular Schedule- M-F 8:30 – 5:00
- Retirement- 401k plan with 4% employer match
- Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance- basic plan free for employees, option to purchase additional coverage, including for spouse or dependents
Primary Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Plans and executes bi-monthly internal department meetings which can include reserving a space, ordering necessary food and beverage options, invite attendees, coordinate speakers, and prepare any materials or presentations.
- Plans and executes weekly core team meetings which can include creating agenda and distributing to attendees, inviting attendees, and take meeting notes for possible distribution if necessary.
- Coordinates trainings for department which can include soliciting presenters, securing the venue, ordering any food or beverages, preparing materials, sending outlook invitations, tracking and reporting on attendance. The frequency of each training can vary from small group weekly trainings to annual all staff trainings (such as the fair housing certification).
- Coordinates first week orientation logistics for newly hired staff, including set up of workstation and computer/program access, staff introductions, and training and orientation schedule set up.
- Manages department staff lists/directories/and grievance escalation charts by updating any personnel or structural changes and disseminating to the proper parties as necessary. Serves as editor of all-staff directory that is maintained by the Operations department.
- Maintains department online portal documents, ensuring documents are up to date and organized efficiently.
- Drafts, reviews, and updates department policies and forms as needed.
- Drafts new management plans and agreements as needed.
- Establishes and maintains contracts for property copy machines and site staff uniforms and laundry service.
- Updates and monitors security dispositions, including updating the log weekly and submitting to finance, preparing correspondence to tenants and property staff.
- Reports on unit vacancies and delinquency across the portfolio.
- Responds to general Property Management inquiries from the public and/or agency requests;
- Maintains all property management filing and coordinates the office supply order;
- Maintains and updates all aspects of the After Hours On-Call system, including updating binders and the DirectLine account.
- Manages vendor relationships including contract review and filing, contract edits or updating as necessary, approving staff access to vendor accounts and large orders, and ensuring certain contractual obligations are met including fire systems and elevator inspections.
- Solicits and updates information on new developments in anticipation of the operational handoff, including adding the building to our insurance and wegowise, adding property information to master property list, and working with various other staff to ensure a smooth handoff to future site staff.
- Updates the preferred vendor list for property management staff.
- Processes department invoices from specific vendors, including calculating of some reimbursements and providing approval for invoices.
- Serves as a back-up for reception desk coverage if Operations staff unavailable, which may include answering questions from public visitors or phone calls, receiving and sending mail, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience
- High school degree or equivalent is required, along with least one year of clerical support experience.
- Experience in affordable housing and knowledge of Fair Housing a plus.
- Strong organizational and computer skills required, with knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
Abilities & Attributes
- Must have excellent customer service skills;
- Must have excellent writing and oral communication skills required;
- Must be able to handle daily responsibilities and projects with minimal direction;
- Must be accurate and detail oriented;
- Must be reliable in attendance, quality and quantity of work;
- Must be sensitive to the needs and concerns of seniors and their families;
- Must be able to calculate figures and sums by applying basic principles of math.
- Must have experience working within a multi-cultural team environment;
- Must be pro-active in identifying and proposing solutions to office issues with the ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in all matters.
- English fluency is required to interact with applicants, tenants, vendors, and employees;
- Ability to speak Cantonese, Mandarin or Spanish a plus.
*Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer*