St. Nicks Alliance seeks to transform lives of low and moderate income people through education, housing, employment, and health care; delivering impactful services with measurable outcomes to children, adults and the elderly. As a civic anchor we carry out this mission within the context of building a sustainable community for all people through the arts, environmental advocacy and urban planning.
St Nicks Alliance currently seeks a full time Real Estate Project Manager with experience underwriting and managing mostly affordable housing but also mixed use and community facility projects. Candidate must have minimum two years experience with projects financed with Low income Housing Tax Credits, Tax Exempt Bonds issued by the State and City housing agencies, HUD, other public agencies and other such public and private financing used in the development of affordable housing. This position entails managing and underwriting projects in the Williamsburg/Greenpoint area but may include other areas throughout the City as well.
The Real Estate Project Manager is responsible for assisting in overseeing all phases of real estate development from project inception through construction, lease up and occupancy under the direction of the Deputy Director of Real Estate Development.
- Assist in the analysis of potential development sites: land-use, site capacity, target population, program elements, and financial feasibility
- Underwrite development projects (review due diligence materials; develop preliminary and final underwriting models; analyze and propose various funding structures; prepare credit memos; present underwriting packages to St Nicks Alliance executive leadership for approval.
- Coordinate underwriting and project management with internal and external parties, including development team partners, governmental agencies, bankers, bond underwriters and tax credit syndicators.
- Coordinate affordable housing or community facility and commercial projects from initial planning through construction completion; that includes vacant and occupied building rehabilitation, new construction, multi-family rental and home ownership projects.
- Preparation of management and project tracking reports
- Management of relationships with current and prospective external partners.
- Graduate degree in either Urban Planning or Real Estate Development a plus or Bachelor’s degree with substantial course work/credits specific to finance, and/or real estate.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant underwriting experience in affordable housing development and/or lending.
- Experience with LIHTC syndicators, banks, or a government agency (NYC HPD, NYC HDC, NYS HFA)
- Experience inter-phasing with NYC HPD, NYC HDC, and NYS HFA (for NYC-area projects).
- Proficiency in creating underwriting models and financial concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and the ability to build relationships with staff, executives and external partners.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and financial acumen;
- Individual needs to be a highly motivated, self-starter who is dependable and capable of working in a productive independent fashion as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is a must with a heavy emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and independently
- Flexible to work extra hours as needed
- Bi-lingual Spanish – English Language – a plus
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, Health, Dental and other fringe benefits.