Deadline to apply: September 11, 2020
Salary: $99,947.00 – $141,968.00 annually
The Regional Housing Manager is a newly created position in Metro’s Planning and Development department that will build a program and team focused on regional affordable housing and supportive housing services, implementing the measures passed by voters in 2018 and 2020. This is a unique opportunity for an equity minded individual to work on some of the most pressing issues of our time; affordable housing and related housing services. This position is ideal for someone who is able to bring people together to meaningfully influence how their communities change and grow, and who can manage programs, projects, and partnerships to produce needed housing development and services that serve and reflect diverse communities.
The Regional Housing Manager will oversee a portfolio of work that includes Metro’s Equitable Housing program, Housing Bond program, and new Supportive Housing Services program and will be responsible for leading housing and development projects centered on achieving equitable outcomes across multiple community stakeholders, partners and jurisdictions. Additionally, this team will work closely with the Community Engagement Team, Land Use and Urban Development Team, and Investment Areas Team to coordinate integrated program work on equitable development, affordable housing and growth management. This person will not only be responsible for ensuring the success and growth of these high-profile programs and high performing staff, they will play a key role in defining what success looks like for these programs within the context of the department and within Metro as a whole.
As such, we’re seeking:
- a collaborative, team player who will build relationships, trust and credibility through interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- a savvy public sector manager, who knows their way around complex financial, contracting, legislative and other government business processes
- a creative, strategic thinker and problem solver who can convey technical information to a variety of audiences, work effectively in a political environment, and effectively present policy choices to decision makers. and;
- a leader in equity who can advance racial equity in way that is meaningful, practical and noticeable. Does this sound like you?
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) years of experience in urban planning, affordable housing, redevelopment, community development, community engagement, homeless services program management, grant program management and/or related experience AND
- Three (3) years of supervisory or leadership experience AND
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, economics, finance, communications and/or related field; OR
- Any combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the job.
- Five to 7 years of experience directly related to the duties of the position
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application, 2) answer to supplemental questions, 3) resume and 4) cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer