Regional Property Supervisor
FSLA Status: Exempt, Full-time
Supervisor: Director of Property Management Department: Property Management
Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation (CEDC) is a community development corporation serving Ventura, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles Counties. CEDC’s core program areas are: the development and construction of multi-family rental housing for very-low, low, and moderate income families; property management; and resident and community services.
An industry leader since 1981, CEDC has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,121 rental units that it manages. CEDC has an annual operating budget of $5,800,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
Major Job Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Director of Property Management, the Regional Property Supervisor will assist in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management. Responsible for the recruitment, training, development, and supervision of Resident Managers and Maintenance staff in the designated portfolio. Have a significant focus on ensuring that the physical asset and performance of CEDC properties are managed to the expectations of our investors. The major duties and responsibilities for this position include:
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
Personnel & Administration:
- Supervision of the staff in the designated property portfolio.
- Assists in the update, revision and/or development of forms, reports, and manuals relating to property management issues and operations. Ensures implementation is appropriate and
- Ensure that time sheets and mileage reimbursement requests are completed and submitted as
- Address staff related issues.
- Prepare Resident Manager Performance evaluations and performance improvements plans as necessary.
- Ensure human resource policies, procedures and guidance are in accordance with CEDC Assist with employment decisions.
- Participate in candidate interview panels for vacant Resident Manager Positions, or other CEDC
- Coordinates and conducts monthly meetings for all property management
- Assist Resident Managers with questions and issues related to operations, safety and other
- Assists in the development and ensures implementation of property management training Ensures that all new hires are trained properly and consistently.
- Assist the Director in other assigned projects and tasks.
Lease/House Rules & Compliance:
- Ensure resident screening guidelines and other compliance mandates are followed correctly by all Resident Managers for potential Oversee implementation and enforcement of Fair Housing laws.
- Ensure vacancy turnaround of 10 days or better.
- Ensure that staff maintains an updated and healthy waiting list to process at a minimum 3 hopper approved files to meet required unit turnaround.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve property operations; reviews occupancy status; identifies 3rd-party assistance to gain
- Resolves property management related issues. Communicates activities and outcomes to the Director of Property Management to ensure appropriate monitoring and control of property issues and operations are transparent and closed.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and investor areas to ensure compliance with established policies and
- Enforces tenant recertification schedule to ensure timely completion per AR calendar.
- Meet regularly with the Compliance Specialist to address issues & concerns related to audits and
Financial & Asset:
- Ensure that all collections are done timely, 3-Day Notices are done timely, and that Leases and Changes of Lease Terms are completed properly in collaboration with Compliance Specialist and legal
- Ensure that all resident managers follow proper procedures with regard to security deposits
- Review property vacancy reports, aged receivables, resident delinquency, and other financial reports to ensure financial profitability of
- Participate in the CNA Analyze properties and collaborate with Accounting and Construction/Maintenance for use of capital expenses that could be associated with replacement reserves.
- Provide support to Resident Managers regarding utility billing and HAP
- Prepare Annual Budget for each designated property.
- Implement approved rent increases.
- Review financial reports, prepare monthly variance reports and discuss expenses with resident
- Ensure that petty cash replenishment requests, and other required financial needs are completed properly and submitted timely.
- Assess and determine appropriate rent concessions
- Review financial reports and discuss expenses with resident
Resident Relations & Operations:
- Visit each property at a minimum twice per month.
- Attend resident meetings at each property.
- Timely address resident related issues.
- Oversee incident reporting & resolutions with all parties
- Ensure grounds are monitored daily to ensure safety and superior curb
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, contractors, and all others serving the
- Review waiting list at each of the properties and identify/support necessary marketing efforts to replenish the pool of
- Prepare physical condition reports for all the properties on a monthly basis with an action plan to address
- Submit Property Status Reports to the Director of Property Ensure that all properties follow/conduct the bi-annual unit inspections and that any corrections are addressed.
- Assist with the lease renewal Analyze resident turnover.
- Supporteffective resident retention programs with Resident and Community Services, RCS.
- Walk-through vacant units for assessment of conflicting reported information.
- Assist with after hour emergencies for the
- Meet with the Director of Property Management on a regular Date and time to be determined.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have minimum 2-3 years property management experience at a supervisory level.
- Must have 3 years of Tax Credit practical experience (tax credit certification a plus).
- Must have HOME and US-RDA
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in nonprofit housing management.
- Experience with Yardi Property and Asset Management
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience facilitating and capturing engagement in group settings; public
- Strong sense of
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and meet pressing and competing deadlines.
- Positive attitude and ability to instill teamwork among
- Sensitive to the needs and concerns of low-income
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university or
- Experience working in the field(s) of community development, housing, and/or economic
Send the Employment Application, Cover Letter and Resume attention to Human Resources at: [email protected]
CEDC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.