ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Property Supervisor, the Resyndication/Rehab Specialist responsible for leading, managing and supervising the overall duties related to the compliance requirements of the rehab/resyndication.
• Establish and maintain a tracking and/or tickler system for reporting on eligibility and file process status of each household.
• Provides leadership and direction at assigned sites during rehab and resyndication tenant certification. This will include working on-site at specified mass recertification properties for a period of one month leading up to the effective date of the certification.
• Issues notices and schedules interviews for residents to determine eligibility status
• Conducts certification and intake interviews to completion including processing and maintaining all resident documents and forms.
• Ensures compliance with regulatory and/or financial partner requirements, and requests for information to include but not limited to the preparation and submission of reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensures full compliance through site audits, one-on-one and group training.
• Identifies and prepares move in file/ qualifying files for each household that must be grandfathered to due to over income under the new funding allocation income limit
• Obtains correction of audit or investor findings from applicable household or via third party verification procedures
• Maintains a tracking system and oversees the submission of audit corrections and close out by the regulatory/funding entity
Marketing and Leasing
• Supports leasing efforts and new construction and properties undergoing rehab. Conducts applicant interviews, verifies potential resident income, and takes deposits and rents in accordance with Eden Housing’s Resident Selection Policy.
• Markets units by preparing advertising and marketing programs in compliance with federal, state, local and regulatory requirements. Makes recommendations to improve marketing and leasing programs.
• Assigns units in the order provided by the Waiting List and according to Eden Housing policy and procedures. Ensures the development and ongoing administration and maintenance of the waiting list is in compliance with federal, state, local, regulatory and Eden Housing requirements.
• Participants in leasing coordination calls and attends Watch list meeting to provide periodic updates
• Reviews all completed rental applications and leases for accuracy and completeness, and for conformance to Eden Housing’s Resident Selection Policy.
• Obtains appropriate verification and documentation and completes certifications.
• Walks a vacant apartment when completed by maintenance personnel or vendors to ensure they are clean and ready to show.
• Conducts marketing, outreach and public relations tours and events during office hours or by appointment, as appropriate.
• Prepares weekly Occupancy Reports, complete with status on each applicant, number of vacancies and leasing projections.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of residents or staff of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other staff of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Willingness to learn to prepare annual budgets.
Ability to solve financial, maintenance and people problems logically and creatively with minimal supervision or direction. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have reliable automobile transportation, a valid California Driver’s License and insurance. Minimum two years’ experience working in an affordable housing development and management company. One year managing people, projects, materials and information. Current HUD certification or attainment within six months of hire. Current tax credit certification or attainment within six months of hire.
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Positive attitude, good sense of humor, energetic, assertive, and a capable role model for colleagues.
• Demonstrated integrity on a professional level.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills. Strong attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Word and Excel. Yardi software knowledge a plus.
• Ability to handle a large number of projects at once and shifting priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Second language skill a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel and crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to sit and concentrate for extended periods of time.
• Typical equipment and tools include: computer, printer, 10-key adding machine, telephone, cell phone, other phone-related equipment, copy machine, fax machine.
• Expected to handle irritated, belligerent, or upset residents or visitors with calmness, diplomacy, and good social skills
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.