Building Security Monitor
Location: 12th Avenue Terrace, Portland, OR
Hours: 32 hours per week
Wage: Earned apartment, plus an hourly wage
We build futures to REACH the quality of life for our community of all sizes. We’re passionate about supporting people of all backgrounds and having a focus on equity and inclusion. By collaborating we can build a stronger community to provide sustainability and a successful future for our residents as well as their families. Our work shows that we stand together to give a better future for the environment and its residents.
Security and emergency after- hours support when management is not on duty. Position is 32 hours a week. This position comes with an apartment on-site. The Building Security Monitor will have earnings from this work applied to the cost of the apartment first. Once the cost of the apartment has been earned each month, any additional earnings will be paid as typical wages.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Security Duties (hours)
- Secures and locks doors and windows to secure building at night (where common halls and entries exist).
- Ensures alarm system is engaged and operational, if applicable.
- Monitors the security and integrity of building, grounds.
- Acts as Fire/Life Safety Director in the absence of the Manager; responds to emergency situations such as medical, police, fire emergencies, and takes appropriate action including contact emergency services (911), evacuating building, etc, if needed.
- Completes Building rounds twice daily to ensure building security
Monitor Duties (hours)
- Ensures building exterior grounds are free of debris, leaves etc.
- Clears walks, steps of ice and snow, per established policies
- Ensures all paper product dispensers are filled in common areas
- Carries company issued cell phone and responds to after hours’ calls per established On-Call procedures.
- Responds to lock-outs, emergency maintenance situations, per established lock out and on-call guidelines.
- Completes light cleaning as needed and bring down recycling bins each week
- Attends quarterly Monitor and other staff trainings when needed
- Meets with supervisor weekly
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to write reports
- Basic writing skills; basic computer with email desirable
- Good organizational skills (ability to prioritize duties, keep orderly supplies when applicable.)
- Working knowledge of smartphone technology including phone calls, text, email and calendar.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all types of people, remain calm during pressure situations and take action and/or make decisions.
- Ability to deal with angry or distraught people.
Education and/or Experience:
- No specific educational requirements.
- Previous related experience helpful but not required.
Benefits package: REACH offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
401(k) Retirement plan with employer match, FSA, Medical, Dental, EAP, short and long-term disability, life and AD&D, employee service recognition award system, paid holidays, PTO, personal days, and sick leave. REACH also injects fun and camaraderie into the workplace by organizing activities, contests, and special events for our staff.
**Benefit coverage begins for FT/PT employees on the first of the month after hired, excluding 401(k) plan, other terms apply**
Want to learn more? Apply here:
**FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE**