GENERAL STATEMENT OF POSITION
Growing Affordable Housing Developer and Contractor is seeking a Senior Development Associate to join our development team focused on affordable housing, market rate and community development projects. This Senior Development Associate will work in the areas of development of new project proposals, financial feasibility, pre-development review, project construction/rehabilitation management, and public/private financing for new and rehabilitated low-income and/or market rate housing.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION AND LOCATION
Full time, exempt
Location – Northbrook, IL
The following duties are normal for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Feasibility Analysis
- Researches feasibility, site acquisition, pre-development, construction, and permanent financing phases of development.
- Conducts feasibility studies and develops pro-forma financial projections. Develops detailed financial analyses and budgets and provides regular reports as required.
- Funding Source Development
- Maintains open and positive relationships with public funders, investors and financial institutions;
- Identifies appropriate funding and subsidy sources for each development project;
- Works with financial consultant and non-profit partners to understand loan, contract and other documents;
- Project and Construction Management
- Oversees and monitors progress through project completion of development team members including architects, engineers, contractors, legal counsel and financial consultants.
- Coordinates acquisition of properties from purchase and sale agreement to closing and escrow;
- Manages design process with clients and architects including securing all land use and building permits;
- Processes and maintains accurate and functional filing system for all construction process documents including draws, change orders, meeting minutes etc;
- Participates in regular construction meetings, ensures flow of communication throughout construction
- Finalizes transition of all files and other materials to the management
- Relationship Management
- Develops and manages relationships with federal, state and local funders, government agencies, community and neighborhood groups, development partners and industry professionals.
- Along with Senior Leadership of company, represents organization before government agencies, planning and zoning commissions, city council, and other community meetings to garner critical support and governmental approvals for potential projects.
- Portfolio Management
- Collaborates with the property management department on the development of operating budgets and facilitates a seamless transition to occupancy and the long term viability of the property.
- External and Internal Development
- Initiates new project proposals with current and potential clients;
- Independently compiles and responds to Requests for Proposals;
- Independently manages and maintains effective work relations with clients and external partners;
- Provides guidance and advice to Senior Leadership in support of development activities;
- Helps create and oversee client relations efforts, including relationship management with key clients;
- Represents GC Housing Development LLC/Crane Construction at external events
Education – BA degree in finance, public administration, business, real estate or related field (demonstrated successful experience (2 year minimum) in multi-family affordable housing development may be substituted);
- 2 years’ experience in housing development (experience in affordable housing a strong plus);
- Experience working with various types of public and private financing (e.g. bank loans, bridge loans, Tax Credits, HUD Programs, );
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects;
- Demonstrated ability to independently oversee large, complex projects and effectively problem solve variety of issues that may occur;
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;