CLIFFORD BEERS HOUSING
Clifford Beers Housing develops permanent supportive housing for the most vulnerable. Our commitment is to create thoughtfully designed, affordable and integrated communities to enhance the lives of individuals and families who have experienced mental illness and homelessness.
CBH offers a comprehensive benefits package including a 403(b), medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans as well as vacation, sick, personal, and holiday time off.
CBH is seeking a highly organized, creative and enthusiastic individual for a position in its housing development department. With guidance from senior staff, the Project Manager will coordinate consultant activities and perform work necessary to further site acquisitions, entitlements, project financing, construction, and service programming from project inception through conversion.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Manages up to three projects at any given time and reports on project(s)’ activities to supervisor
- Compiles and maintains project budgets and schedules
- Ensures project reporting requirements are submitted in advance of deadlines
- Leads closing calls and construction meetings (construction meetings on an “as needed basis”)
- Modifies project proformas based on funding requirements
- Reviews work done by Assistant Project Managers, administrative staff, and outside consultants for accuracy.
- Prepares funding applications for Low Income Housing Tax Credits and other public and private financing consistent with funding regulations and within funding deadlines
- Works diligently to prioritize project tasks as needed.
- Assist the SPM in the analysis of potential development sites to determine their appropriateness in advancing CBH’s production goals
- Assist the SPM in the development of project concepts, including target population and financing, service, community outreach, and entitlement strategies
- Passion for and support of CBH’s mission
- Minimum of one year in low-income housing development
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to make reasoned decisions with limited information
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities, work, and information
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and coordinate the work of others
- Ability to perform under pressure with interruptions to meet deadlines
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to synthesize and understand information from a variety of sources and documents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible work schedule that can accommodate demanding project deadlines
- Familiarity with the MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel, Word, and Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
- Maintain a professional demeanor in representing CBH to colleagues, constituents, funders, and public officials
A bachelor’s degree in real estate development, urban planning, business, finance, political science, public policy, or public administration is desired. Relevant work experience may be substituted on an as evaluated basis.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Proof of ability to work in the United States.
- Must have and maintain a valid California driver’s license and auto insurance at all times and have the availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the Company’s service area.
Clifford Beers Housing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer welcoming all who are qualified to perform the work. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to any qualified person with a medical or psychiatric disability, providing it will not change the essential nature of the position, nor cause undue hardship to the organization.