SRO Housing Corporation is a community-based non-profit dedicated to building vibrant communities for homeless and low-income individuals in Los Angeles. We are committed to restoring a sense of dignity, civility, and respect for a population that has been habitually ignored and forgotten. With more than 36 years of experience, SRO Housing has embraced a more comprehensive and holistic approach to eradicating homelessness by providing the full continuum of housing, short-term/emergency, transitional, and permanent supportive housing, all in private units. We are the largest provider of affordable single-room occupancy homes in the Western United States. Over 2,300 formerly homeless and low-income men and women reside in our 30 properties and we have over 400 homes currently in development.
The Senior Project Manager supports SRO Housing Corporation’s overall mission in affordable housing by being a leading member of the real estate development team. This position manages all aspects of the development cycle, from design and development through construction completion and lease-up.
ESSENTIAL JOB ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential job activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Managing all aspects of affordable housing development, including design, financial, legal, construction and stabilization phases
• Vetting new deals, including due-diligence, financial analysis, working with consultants and competitive analysis
• Creating and reviewing financial models of proposed projects to evaluate feasibility throughout the development process
• Leveraging financial, political and community support for projects and collaborating with neighborhood groups and local government staff to secure regulatory approvals and easements
• Preparing applications for project funding, including pre-development, construction, and permanent financing
• Leading financial closings, negotiating debt and equity terms and assuring timely completion of all steps required for a successful transaction
• Overseeing the general contractor and coordinating other consultants to ensure construction remains on schedule and on budget Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential capital providers, including lenders, equity investors, foundations, and public housing finance entities.
• Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with Property Management and Resident Services and Accounting functions.
• Embody SRO Housing Corporation’s values of integrity, relationship orientation and overall excellence.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Education: Bachelor’s degree or experience commensurate with education in the field of real estate, construction management, architecture, planning, finance, business, law, urban planning, or related field.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of real estate project management experience, preferably with affordable housing multi-family. Track record in developing successful real estate projects on budget and on schedule.