Century Villages at Cabrillo (CVC) is located in Long Beach and offers comprehensive services designed to break the cycle of homelessness and encourage self-sufficiency. CVC provides emergency, transitional and permanent housing along with an array of supportive services providers who assist formerly homeless Families and Veterans.
The Senior Property Manager works closely with the Vice President of Housing to
oversee the daily activities of our property management operations team. This position requires extensive knowledge of affordable housing management and compliance within a supportive housing environment. In addition, this position provides daily oversite of all rental/leasing, compliance and accounting activities, while also ensuring the safety and upkeep of the community.
LIHTC and HUD rental property experience required, with sound knowledge of fair housing laws. Fair Housing Certificate highly desired.
- Property Management
- Provide overall supervision and support of day-today- property management operations.
- Develop and maintain systems to monitor performance of all CVC property management activities relative to its financial, social and developmental
- Annually review and evaluate rent structure for each housing type based on market analysis and social
- Assist Vice President in identifying, documenting and maintaining the needs and of each asset.
- Participate in property safety
- Regularly inspect building exteriors, common areas, and unit interiors with property managers and Maintenance Supervisor to ensure assets are
- Ensure are the economic and physical condition of the portfolio is
- Staff Supervision
- Promote positive team morale through continual communication, team meetings, and mentorship and by encouraging their growth and
- Develop annual goals and measures, and complete and conduct annual staff performance assessments in a timely manner. Perform monthly goal setting and achievement meetings (MAP)
- Participate in the selection and development of staff, provide coaching and a learning environment, follow human resources policies and procedures during staff corrective actions and/or
- Consult with and support all department managers, resident services, and 3rd party service providers.
- Assist in preparing all annual and mid-year staff
- Resident Relations
- Ensure all resident complaints are handled expeditiously, diplomatically, and professionally.
- Support all grievance complaints in accordance with company
- Attend and support all community
- Occupancy and Management
- Assist V.P. in the development of capital replacement projections for each
- Participate in vendor selection and contract management for
- Ensure all preventative maintenance is implemented by reviewing maintenance documentation and conducting routine property
- Conduct monthly meetings with the property staff to review needs and inform them of upcoming events and
- Develop compliance and monitoring schedules to ensure compliance with all regulatory conditions and
- Manage operational strategies to ensure properties are in compliance with all Regulatory Agreements and organizational
- Assist in the decision making of the new phases of development within the
- Monitor new move-in files for regulatory compliance and documentation
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent qualitative analysis skills as evidenced by prior work history
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with property management software programs (YARDI)
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to assess problems and recommend sound solutions
- Skilled crisis management with developed conflict management and negotiating skills
- Familiarity with non-profit housing development field desired
- LIHTC and HUD rental property experience required, with sound knowledge of fair housing laws. Fair Housing Certificate highly
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 5-10 years of affordable housing and management experience required or a combination of verifiable relevant education and experience.
Salary and Benefits:
Attractive compensation with fully-paid family medical, dental, vision and life/AD&D, long-term care, retirement plan with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, and more. Paid college tuition assistance, professional development opportunities, and college loan repayment assistance available.
Job Location: Long Beach, CA 90810. This is not a remote work position.
Send resume with cover letter and salary expectations to Fern Hendrickson, Vice President, Human Resources, email@example.com, phone (310) 642-2017, FAX to (310) 258-0714.
Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or Veteran status.