SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGER
Seeking Experienced, Certified Affordable Housing Managers
New Neighborhoods, Inc. is a nonprofit housing developer and manager. We are dedicated to building, redeveloping and preserving low and moderate income rental and ownership housing in Fairfield County, Connecticut for families, graduates entering the workforce, veterans, and retirees who make the region a vital place to live and work.
Since 1967, New Neighborhoods has been committed to improving the quality of life in our towns and cities with affordable housing that provides a safety net and springboard to economic self- sufficiency and builds community.
The Senior Property Manager is responsible for the total operation of his or her assigned New Neighborhoods’ tenant occupied building(s). The Senior Property Manager has the important responsibility of assuring that New Neighborhoods’ properties operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner while ensuring that all regulatory requirements (local, State, and Federal) are adhered to in all facets of property management, tenancy, and operations.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the Following:
- Responsible for income recertification, leasing and re-leasing property with minimal direct oversight by the Director of Operations.
- Consistently provides residents, vendors and employees with the highest quality of service and support.
- Handles tenant rent collections and delinquencies, late notices and posting rent.
- Obtains bids from contractors for pending work as may be required to submit to the Director of Operations.
- Reviews expenses and assists in the preparation of annual budget requirements.
- Regularly communicates with tenants as a group on an as-needed basis.
- Recommends and implements outreach program to fill vacancies.
- Effectively manages maintenance technician including hiring, training, delegating, evaluating, coaching and performance management.
- Responds to requests by the President and CEO and the Director of Operations and makes recommendations on building and tenancy needs.
- When directed, attends meetings with appropriate agencies and government entities.
- Conducts periodic apartment inspections.
- Attends Asset and Property Management Committee, Board and other meetings as appropriate.
- Conducts weekly inspection of the property and prepares a summary report of the property activity, conditions observed and traffic.
- Prepares monthly calendars and newsletters for distribution to the tenants.
- Assists in organizing activities for the tenants.
- Addresses and resolves any emergencies that arise.
- Showcases available apartments and processes applications for prospective residents.
- Approves invoices for payments.
- Walks the property regularly to inspect for cleanliness and curb appeal.
- Oversees on-site capital improvements.
- Works with corporate management in preparing aggressive goals and plans.
- Quickly and fully implements directives from Company staff and corporate headquarters.
- Ensures compliance with all housing agencies i.e., HUD, CHFA, Etc.
- Performs a variety of duties or tasks as may be assigned by the Director of Operations.
Education, Experience, Skills and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of property management experience required, five or more years preferred.
- Must have HUD & LIHTC experience, a COS and/or TCS certification required.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or governmental regulation.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must have excellent computer skills as well as proficiency in the following software programs: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well as knowledge of Real Page operating experience preferred.
- Ability to advocate, organize, problem-solve and provide.
- A clear understanding of and commitment to New Neighborhoods’ property locations.
- Experience working in and with community organization.
- Strong written and oral interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and complex operational matters on a daily basis.
- Strong time management, follow up, administrative and organizational skills.
- Ownership of an automobile and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently, organizes tasks, manage time and prioritize projects.
Starting Salary: High 50’s – Low 60’s – Depending on Experience.
Education and Qualifications:
Reports To: Director of Operations
Work Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours per work week)
Job Classification: Exempt Salaried
Background Check Requirements:
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to respond to all applicants. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
New Neighborhoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer