About SAHA: Satellite Affordable Housing Associates (SAHA) is a leader in the affordable housing industry and is driven by the fundamental belief that every person deserves a home. We take pride in providing quality affordable homes that empower people and strength neighborhoods. Our philosophy of embracing sustainability, initiative, financial responsibility and diversity makes us one of the preeminent affordable housing development/management providers and employers in the Bay Area. With a staff of over 170, we take pride in offering our employees work/life balance, opportunities for growth and development and an excellent benefit package including several plans with 100% employer paid, employee coverage.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for assisting SAHA residents, which depending on property composition may either be seniors, families, adults with disabilities, or a combination of one or more, with the ability to thrive in their community. Service Coordinators achieve this by assisting residents to maintain their independence, with or without supports as needed.
Location: This position will work at 2 SAHA properties next door to each other in Newark- Newark Gardens I & II.
Compensation: The pay range for this position begins at $24.04 hourly. Starting pay rates depend on candidate experience, skill, and the needs/challenges of the specific position hired for.
Benefits/Perks: We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and work/life balance. Here are some of the highlights:
- Medical HMO- $10 copays. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children
- Dental HMO or PPO. Free for employees, less than $60 / month for employees + children
- Paid Time Off- 14 days in first year, 19 second year, 24 third year and beyond.
- Paid Holidays- at least 9 per year.
- Regular Schedule- M-F 8:30 – 5:00
- Retirement- 401k plan with 4% employer match
- Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance- basic plan free for employees, option to purchase additional coverage, including for spouse or dependents
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides non-clinical case management and referral services to all residents within assigned site(s), includes securing the full range of social services as needed by individual residents.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation on all resident demographics, issues, requests, statistics, incidents, interactions and outcomes through online services software.
- Educates residents on service availability, benefits and other application procedures, tenant rights, tools for healthy living and lease compliance.
- Monitors, documents and helps residents prevent and manage cognitive, emotional, and physical health issues, including ADL limitations, or, in rare cases assist a resident with their move to a care facility.
- Conducts outreach and engagement, monitoring service periodically, and home visits when required.
- Establishes constructive relationships with residents and their families, community agencies, volunteer organizations, and company staff, especially those in property management.
- Works with Volunteer Coordinator to establish volunteer support programs.
- Works closely with Activities Coordinator(s) and Community Engagement Manager to develop a wide range of activities both within and outside the site designed to build community and provide opportunities for socialization, wellness and mutually beneficial civic engagement.
- Publishes building activities and events through flyers, newsletters and a monthly calendar.
- Coordinates transportation services for residents in sites where SAHA’s transportation is available.
- Maintains client confidentiality with the resident population according to guidelines, and accurately report incidents of abuse and neglect to Adult and Child Protective Services as required by law.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management.
Qualifications: Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, or related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum 1-2 years related experience working with seniors or individuals with special needs.
Experience with or knowledge of HUD regulatory requirements is a plus.
Abilities and Attributes
- Must have the ability to maintain professional boundaries, including exercising objectivity and confidentiality, while building trusting relationships with residents and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication required. Additionally, ability to speak other languages such as Cantonese, Mandarin, Farsi, Russian or Spanish is a plus. Note: Some properties require fluency in specific languages.
- Must have excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including ability to easily navigate the internet, use Outlook, create Word and Excel documents, and work with a web-based database.
- Must be familiar with community resources or have the ability to acquire those resources and become familiar.
- Must be sensitive to the needs and concerns of residents and their families.
- Must have experience and ability to work positively within a multi-cultural team environment.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and common sense, based on analysis, evaluation, and risk assessment in determining what to handle without help, and when to ask for guidance or help in prioritizing from supervisor.
- Must have creativity and an ability to adjust to change.
- Community networking skills, knowledge of civic engagement and intergenerational and activities programming a plus.
- Must have basic math abilities with the ability to manage a budget.
- Must have ability to complete a minimum of 36 hours of training within the first year of employment, and 12 hours of continuing education every year thereafter. SAHA will provide associated and required trainings.
Certificates & Licenses
A valid CA driver license and good driving record is required.
*Satellite Affordable Housing Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer*