Join our MEDA Team
At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Your Career Opportunity
As Sr. Asset and Portfolio Manager, you will be part of a dynamic team that develops and owns affordable real estate for the community. You will steward real estate projects that will keep the diversity of the Mission District and San Francisco by managing housing and commercial spaces that will be affordable to low-income households. You will monitor the operational and financial performance of the MEDA’s growing portfolio, benchmarking, investor and lender relationships and acquisition, refinancing and rehabilitation necessary to preserve the portfolio. You will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Director of Community Real Estate to identify and implement long term strategies to improve property performance to meet organizational objectives for asset building, sustainability, community and economic development. As part of our Community Real Estate team, you will play a key role in reversing displacement by developing rental and ownership opportunities for both residents and businesses from the Mission and San Francisco.
This work is game-changing and will give the right candidate the opportunity to sustain strong and responsive real estate solutions to the housing crisis in San Francisco and the Bay area. Successful candidates will bring in their real estate management skills and experience and be collaborative in organizing teams with urgency.
Specifically, you will:
- Coordinate transition from development to operations including document transition, creation of property binders, regulatory compliance, budgeting, LP payment and 8609 processing.
- Monitor and report on the operational and financial performance of the portfolio of properties relative to budgets as well as development proformas, benchmarking, and utility analysis.
- Represent MEDA’s operational interests including establishing policies for long-term management as well as monitoring joint venture portfolio partnerships.
- Prepare financial evaluation and recommendations for any portfolio-wide initiatives including development proforma budgets, benchmarking and utility analysis.
- Be responsible for third part property management relationships and monitoring the performance of the properties they manage. You will review budgets, financials and audits and seek improvements to be in line with projections and owner’s objectives.
Your Keys to Success
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with 5 years of experience in finance, business, accounting, administration or related field.
- Strong experience in affordable housing and/or multi-family residential/commercial with nonprofit and small business real estate finance preferred.
- Ability to prepare real estate operational and financial performance analyses, conduct research, and prepare narrative reports and proposals.
- Commitment to providing long-term affordable housing and to the concept of organizing low-income people to stabilize communities and create social change.
- High degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and capability in managing projects.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including board members, public sector staff and officials, representatives of other nonprofit organizations, vendors and people from low-income households.
Your MEDA Experience
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged for your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100 percent covered by MEDA
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off — minimum of 20 days for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program that offer free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families
- Other forms of voluntary benefits
Click on the link below, including your cover letter and resume with the application form.